Super Contributor

Re: I feel sorry for the models that have to model under wear.

I don't need underwear to be modeled. Just show it to me. 

Respected Contributor

@shaggygirl wrote:

I know one of the hosts who would love to model the underwear when she presents it. No model would be needed. 

Me too.  She loves those bathing suits.  My husband said acts like she is in high school.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Carmie wrote:

Some women are comfortable in their underwear.

This past weekend, we were on our boat and ran into friends of ours.  Their daughter and her Husband were with them.

I had never met their daughter before.  Mom is very petite, but her daughter is a big girl.  She was wearing a very tiny bikini that barely covered her.  Her tummy hung over the bikini bottoms.  Her top was strapless and she was extremely busty and had to keep pulling it up.

That girl was easily over 100 lbs overweight and she was comfortable in what she was wearing.  She wasn't ashamed to show her body.

I would never have the confidence to dress like that, but she did.  She was confident and happy.

@Carmie 

I have someone here at my pool several times a week (relative of a friend) who is 3 weeks away from her baby delivery date and waaaaay busty but still in her bikini. Now that is a sight for sore eyes lol! 

Honored Contributor

I think it is part of their job and they expect that they will be called on to wear all manner of clothing.  I do think that a lot of the under garments are a lot more modest than many bathing suits are.  I feel that when the choices are made as to what model wears what, body types are taken into consideration and also who has the comfort level to carry off a certain item of clothing, as well.  I never really considered that aspect of it.  

"A day without sunshine is like, you know, night." - Steve Martin
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

The only thing that bothers me is one of the models has an outie belly button...lol.

At least I think that's what it is. And I don't know why but I can't look at it! Maybe stupid of me but tis true.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@september wrote:

@nevergivesup    I think we have very different  interpretations of what mean responses are.  Someone who has a different opinion and nicely states it (as all have here), is not being mean. 

@september 

Well stated.   Some of the responses here are .... peculiar.   The models model CLOTHING .... it could be shoes, tee shirts, slacks ... or conservative underwear.  It's all clothing, and models are hired to model. It's what they do.

I found it odd that the original comment was discomfort and feeling sorry for women doing their job.   She was projecting her feelings onto someone she doesn't know, assuming they must feel the same way she feels.   Personally, I assume they are paid well, and happy to be getting regular work.  There is nothing for anyone to "feel sorry" about.