Honored Contributor

Re: I feel sorry for the models that have to model under wear.

[ Edited ]

@MW in Iowa I didn't see anything wrong with your post. I think it's only human to have  empathy for someone standing in their underwear on national tv, even though they're getting paid for it.

You're kind, don't let it get to you. 

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

@MW in Iowa I didn't see anything wrong with your post. I think it's only human to have an empathy for someone standing in their underwear on national tv, even though they're getting paid for it.

You're kind, don't let it get to you.

Esteemed Contributor

I see what the OP is saying, and frankly, I find myself feeling "sorry" for them too.  That can not be easy to stand there in your underwear and to be honest, I think they look a bit uncomfortable too.  I do hope they get paid more for doing that and hope they know that the customers appreciate it.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Respected Contributor

Why not get the hosts to do and they model everything else.

Esteemed Contributor

Nobody is making them model lingerie at all.....They're grown-up adult women--fully capable of making up their own mind what they want to do (including modeling - modeling lingerie). 

Honored Contributor

Many of them are probably lingerie models, hired from an agency.

Also, I have a feeling that some of them were asked if they would like to model lingerie.

The ones I've seen on air seem to be comfortable.

And, thank goodness they model the various items.  It's always better to see items worn on live models, rather than on a mannequin or placed in an open box.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Valued Contributor

@MW in Iowa I’m sorry such a simple observation on your part has evoked some really mean responses. I don’t understand it but the problem isn’t yours.❤️

Trusted Contributor

@MW in Iowa wrote:

I know they have a choice , and there is nothing wrong with it , but i would feel uncomfortable no matter how good my body is. I  notice Taylor doesn't model reg fashions very often.

That's why they get paid the big bucks LOL

Open my heart and you will see, engraved inside, Italy - Robert Browning
Honored Contributor

@MW in Iowa wrote:

I can see this post has certainly went negative , it must be the hot weather. I should have just asked if you were a model and you got paid the same would you chose to model underwear vs reg clothing , how many would chose under wear ? 

The post didn't "go negative".  It started out that way, based on your perception that models who wear conservative underwear as a function of their jobs, should garner our sympathy. 

Esteemed Contributor

I guess it is embarrasing if you have teens at home, neighbors, etc. who 

know you model and then see you on t.v. in your undies.