Respected Contributor

Re: I don't like the fabric Modal.

@ALRATIBA, I stand corrected. 

As most of the material is now coming from china, I mistakenly assumed that it would be mostly bamboo.

Trusted Contributor

The thing is, modal is made into so many different fabrics, and usually blended, and with many different other fibers. Thick, thin and mid weight, drapey, crepe-y, woven, knitted, smooth, textured, coarse, fine...

I don't like any synthetic or semi-synthetic fibers (like modal) in bedding, but I have some clothing with modal it it that's luscious.

Tricky to buy online, like most fabrics, because you can't feel the weight and see how it drapes. 

Trusted Contributor

I have never been a fan of Modal for the exact reasons stated. Clings, shows every lump and bump. However the Barefoot Dreams Sleeveless T that is on clearance right now is  exceptional. For me anyway. It is not your typical Modal. Does not cling and feels silky. I loved it so much I bought another one as back up at the lunch time special. I purchased white and some how I always get something on white when I wear it. Anyway I was pleasantly surprised at how luxurious the fabric was compared to other modal. Still a bit a pricy at the clearance price but for me well worth it for the use I will get out of it.

Honored Contributor

@hennypennywrote:

Modal is symply chinese bamboo. They finally figured out what to do with the weed other than feed pandas.

Easy to drink the kool-aid.

@hennypenny, I'm glad you posted a correction to this. What I did when I read the subject of the thread was to google Moday. I found out all the definitions and details that another person posted here.

Oh, and btw, bamboo does not just come from China.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3wrote:

@hennypennywrote:

Modal is symply chinese bamboo. They finally figured out what to do with the weed other than feed pandas.

Easy to drink the kool-aid.

@hennypenny, I'm glad you posted a correction to this. What I did when I read the subject of the thread was to google Moday. I found out all the definitions and details that another person posted here.

Oh, and btw, bamboo does not just come from China.

@suzyQ3

I google (bing) and use dictionary dot com while posting often. We all should Woman Wink

Respected Contributor

I  like modal.  If something is tight anyplace on your body and shows all your lumps and bumps, maybe you need a bigger size.

Honored Contributor

I love modal.

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Trusted Contributor

Even if you wear modal loose and you are not toned especially in the back area it will show lumps and bumps because of the way it lays on the body. 

Regular Contributor

it pills too!

Respected Contributor

I wear LOGO modal and cotton modal. It’s very soft with a silky feel, but not too thin.  I usually size up, however.  

It does not pill, so far.