Honored Contributor

I don’t like rayon, lyocel/Tencel or Modal

[ Edited ]

I don’t like rayon, lyocell/ Tencel, viscose or modal unless they are used in a blend with poly, cotton, spandex or other fibers. These fabrics just hang and droop. There’s no body to them and they look old before their time. They show every flaw, they usually look awful after washing and they fade. They shrink, look droopy..limp and never crisp. The feel against the body is hard to describe but I’ll just say it’s sort of a wet or slimy feel even though the garment is dry. 

Honored Contributor

Re: I don’t like rayon, lyocel/Tencel or Modal

I actually have a couple of 100% rayon dresses that I like.  I do not buy anything that is rayon/span because to me it is just a rag--no body at all.  I've seen a couple of cute items that have that blend but pass because of the fabric.

Honored Contributor

ITA it needs to be mixed with cotton. I want well over 50% cotton in my clothes. It's hot. Cotton is the fabric of our lives. We don't want to wear plastic that does no breathe.

Honored Contributor

I like rayon knit for tops; they are soft but with spandex they really hold their shape.

modal is the fabric that really ruins a cotton top for me; it doesn’t stretch as much when a cotton top has modal in it it’s getting hard to find tops without modal as part of it. I like Tencel because it is flown and soft...guess to each his own, but if QVC offered high quality cotton they would sell out quickly

Honored Contributor

Saggy, droopy rayon. Looks like a rag.93C09A8A-FA2A-410D-9338-948DE2749C5B.jpeg

Honored Contributor

@Mindy D   I do not like them either.....cling to every lump and bump

Honored Contributor

I love rayon-wait, if it's the rayon of days gone by. Tencel is a joke material. It comes out of the wash the size of a softball. You put it in the dryer and it comes back to normal. With hundreds of wrinkles. Who invented this stuff? Go back to the drawing board. Please!

Esteemed Contributor

@Mindy D  I agree! Today I actually found several 100%prima Cotten Knit shirts that were in sale plus an extra 50% off! At Talbots.

I did try a lot on to find them. Sizing is inconsistent everywhere even in the same garment in a different color. 

I’m teaching my granddaughter to read labels, I like to toss them in the washer and dryer.

Honored Contributor

@Mindy DI wouldn't buy a dress styled like the one pictured even if it were in my favorite color as well as a different fabric.  

Honored Contributor

Sloppy looking7FA4E36D-FFF9-42A3-A5B6-AE36FB70DC66.jpeg07762765-9889-430B-928F-B3CD5E939FCF.jpeg