Trusted Contributor

I did not realize Serena W. has an actual design degree

Did anyone else know that? She is on the cover of a magazine (don't make me try to remember which one haha). I was in a waiting line and reading it.

Anyway, in the article about her, and her life , she went to fashion design school and really does have a design degree.

Guess it just surprised me. She is like superwoman. How does she do it all?

Regarding the degree, I was reflecting because there are other "fashion designers" who have hit or miss clothing lines on HSN/QVC (some gone now) who were just regular people who had a passion/interest for designing clothes and had the money to pursue it.

Guiliana R. comes to mind. She is not the only one though. She makes cute stufff, but it is very geared to young, skinny, LA type clothes. My opinion. Quality so so. Her stuff all looks the same to me. She just changes up the color palettes.

Then there is Wendy Williams who makes really nice stuff, nice quality, is totally involved in the design and material, wears her own clothes, etc. I do not know if she has a degree or not.

I am just mulling over whether having a design degree makes a difference in making clothes right. Proportion, fit modeling, appealing to all ages, etc.

Back to my original thought, Serena is an impressive woman. Very nice person too, according to those that know her.

Respected Contributor

Re: I did not realize Serena W. has an actual design degree

I agree @gabstoomuch, Serena has more talent in her little finger than I have exhibited in a lifetime.  I have no idea how she does it.  A very impressive person for sure!

Honored Contributor

Yes, I knew t h 

Valued Contributor

I think SW does a good job with her designs. I own a few tops and have no complaints, true to B&M sizing rather than vanity sizes.  When she was on with one of the hostesses recently she was talking about fabrics just as easily as IM or LD would. She also explained "why" certain things were done in the designs, rather than just for the fashion of it or "because it is cute".  I think this line could/should continue even when she retires from pro sports.  It is impressive to see an athlete be successful in one area, and to also have a background in something else that they truly seem interested and talented in, and be prepared for the future.

Honored Contributor

Yes,  I remember that.  I think about it every time I see her on H S N.  She isn't just some celebrity who is just the face of a company.  She does indeed seem like a a lovely and genuine young woman.  She's very likeable.

Esteemed Contributor

I have purchased many of Serena's items over the years from HSN. I like her AND I like her clothes. Her tights are wonderful.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
QVC Customer Care

Esteemed Contributor

image.jpg

I think think she looks beautiful, not manly! Woman Wink

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

@MaggieMack wrote:

image.jpg

I think think she looks beautiful, not manlyWoman Wink

I don't AGREE.

Valued Contributor

[ Edited ]

Why do you feel the need to attack someone's appearance? This comment has nothing to do with what the original poster was talking about. I wish that they would require people to post their real pictures on these boards and see how long the comments about physical beauty continued.  Anonymity is such an easy excuse to be mean.