Honored Contributor

I dearly miss Louis Del Olio

Just reading the fashion show thread and it made me realize who I miss the most.  Louis Del Olio, in any way they can feature him.  I remember a fashion show in the Bahamas. I also loved his wife Jacque as his premiere model.  Can't we even get him by telephone or is he not feeling well?  

Respected Contributor

Re: I dearly miss Louis Del Olio

@depglass He makes his own videos from his CT home/studio for his QVC items and posts them on Facebook.  If you look at the My Favorite Brand forum, you can find threads with links to the videos.  They are super informative and fun to watch!

Honored Contributor

@depglass wrote:

Just reading the fashion show thread and it made me realize who I miss the most.  Louis Del Olio, in any way they can feature him.  I remember a fashion show in the Bahamas. I also loved his wife Jacque as his premiere model.  Can't we even get him by telephone or is he not feeling well?  

i agree @depglass !

wish he would be on skype from home when they are presenting his items. it would make a big difference.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

Lewis' items are so wonderful.  Smiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

LOVE Louis!!!! His items are worth the $$$!!!!

Honored Contributor

I always enjoyed his shows although I never made a purchase because my size was sold out.

kindness is strength
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Asked him if he thought about using Skype, new younger buyers may not know who he is, his background, and think it would increase his sales. He said he wouldn't take that away from Jennifer.

He is betting on his older repeat buyers, but over time, they may lose interest without him appearing during his shows.  I rarely watch them anymore because he's not there.  I watch his Facebook videos and buy online.  

Sometimes, designers must make difficult decisions to increase sales.  They aren't necessarily sales savvy.  

He is introduced as designing for Anne Klein.  At the time, this company was on the runway offering high end quality designer clothing made in Italy.  Today, it doesn't have that reputation.  It's a smidgen of what it once was.

Honored Contributor

Does he have a design staff working for him or is he doing it all alone?

LDO is in his 70s now - perhaps he is slowing backing off into retirement.

Esteemed Contributor

@Foxxee  What an excellent perspective you offer about Louis.  There are probably multitudes of QVC's shoppers under the age of 40 who have no clue as to the prestige the name Louis Del Olio carries historically in designer fashion.  Louis was the lead designer for Anne Klein, and as you point out during his tenure that line was couture and top tier ready-to-wear.  An Anne Klein runway show was attended by senior editors from the world's leading fashion magazines and major buyers from the highest end of international retail and elegant boutiques. 

While Louis may not want to diminish Jennifer's role it would be very nice if he made some Skype or telephone appearances during the few shows QVC does present. Jennifer does an adequate job, but listening to Louis speak about clothing is like attending a fashion design class.   

Esteemed Contributor

@ALRATIBA wrote:

Does he have a design staff working for him or is he doing it all alone?

LDO is in his 70s now - perhaps he is slowing backing off into retirement.

When I see his blog (http://www.louisdellolio.com/blog/) and videos, facebook page (https://www.facebook.com/HerLineaStyle/), he doesn't look like he is slowing down.  

He shows us his drawings and discusses his pieces, how they were created, how they can be styled.  

My guess is QVC won't give him the airtime.  He speaks about how he won't do items if the quality was not up to his standards.