Honored Contributor

Re: I dearly miss Louis Del Olio

This resurrected thread has turned into a post -mortem on the line..  Over the years QVC has consistently kept his prices tamped down.  Compare him to LOGO, for example.  She is much higher and doesn't have anything near his quality.  Printed knit rayon?  Come on. I think the main problem is the change of management in QVC.  Same reason LR is gone.   

Super Contributor

@Karenklms

You are really misinformed. Louis designs every piece he shows, and puts together the looks on the models down to shoes, hose and gloves if appropriate.

The clothing designs may not appeal to you, but many of us are very pleased with most of what he shows, and are really sorry to see him go.

Not everything he designs is to my taste, but that doesn't mean he needs to retire.

I had to laugh at this: "It's time to retire him he is living in the past"

I guess some are running around in athleisure or PJ or sweats these days, but many of us like to wear beautiful fashion and don't consider it a thing of the past.

Cheers! 

PS I probably just fell for a troll, didn't I?

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

I also will miss this designer.  I always found at least a few things that I liked from his offerings.

I wish we could find his items somewhere else.  

As far as logo, everything looks the same to me.  But to each his own.

Contributor

Oh no! I will truly miss him! I have so many of his designs. They are classy, well made, great material, etc.
I hope he sells his designs at a different store.
QVC used to be the top of the line Shopping site. Too bad it’s gone down in quality in so many ways.
Esteemed Contributor

I really liked his "whisper knit" sweaters...

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Shepherdlover wrote:
Oh no! I will truly miss him! I have so many of his designs. They are classy, well made, great material, etc.
I hope he sells his designs at a different store.
QVC used to be the top of the line Shopping site. Too bad it’s gone down in quality in so many ways.

@Shepherdlover 
He just answered a question on his website that asked if he was going to be "a gentleman of leisure" and he said yes.

"Breathe in, breathe out, move on." Jimmy Buffett
Respected Contributor

His name is Louis, not Lewis!!!

Esteemed Contributor

A nice man, just not into his clothes.