Honored Contributor

I prefer a natural or subtle fingernail polish. I know edgy and different color nails have been popular for awhile, but I don't like it. It brings a lot attention to your hands and fingers so if they don't look good that could ruin the look.

It also can distract or clash with the rest of a look or outfit.

I don't care if others wear their nails this way, but it isn't for me. 

Esteemed Contributor

Ladies, an OT question, but about Julep polish.

I've never heard of this brand, but want to find a polish that does not cause my nails to chip and peel.  I stopped polishing because of this problem.

I will research on my own, but would appreciate knowing your experience with this brand.

I'm also looking for a nail treatment, so any thoughts?

I have great nails and they look fab undone, but now and then I want some color and even one polish with anything causes damage!

TIA

Respected Contributor

Thanks - I'm going to try it!

Trusted Contributor

@Witchy Woman wrote:

Ladies, an OT question, but about Julep polish.

I've never heard of this brand, but want to find a polish that does not cause my nails to chip and peel.  I stopped polishing because of this problem.

I will research on my own, but would appreciate knowing your experience with this brand.

I'm also looking for a nail treatment, so any thoughts?

I have great nails and they look fab undone, but now and then I want some color and even one polish with anything causes damage!

TIA

Witchy Woman....I have been using Julep nail polish since It first came to the Q.  The problem with purchasing from the Q is that they don't offer all their products.  It is truly the best nail polish I have ever used and I've used them all.  I threw away every other name brand polish and only use Julep.  They have different nail treatments and a huge selection of polishes.  They use oxygen in their products and it helps with chipping, cracking, strengthening and any other problems.  I use their base coat every time I use their polish and it lasts for 2 weeks with no chipping, my nails are so strong and my hands are always in water.  I suggest you go to their website so you can see all they offer.  It is Julep dot com.  I hope this helps.  😀

Honored Contributor

Something interesting:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/nail-polish-chemicals-entering-the-body_us_5627e311e4b02f6a900f5...

Another one:

http://well.blogs.nytimes.com/2014/01/02/ask-well-is-nail-polish-harmful/?_r=0

For the record.  I polish my nails sometimes too.  I'm sure it's like everything in life, i.e. just don't over do it.

Respected Contributor

This is a bit of a tangent but nail related.  I decided to try the Emjoi nail buffing gadget (A272094) and I'm really enjoying it.  It is crazy how smooth and shiny it makes your nails. It looks exactly like a clear polish manicure.

Having said that, I love Shawn's colorful manicure. Really fun.