Valued Contributor

Re: I can't stop crying.................

Rest in Peace Joan!

You have worked so hard and you deserve it!

Thanks for the years of laughter

Respected Contributor

How in the world would the OP know that the medical professionals are guilty of anything and by saying she doesn't know what went wrong but they are guilty of medical malpractice. You know that how????

They said there is no evidence of wrong doing.

NYS Health Dept is investigating as they should to make sure all proper protocol was in place total routine ..which is good..Just for everybody's sake!

That said - I liked Joan..thought she was funny..you had to know that nothing and nobody was sacred to her..she was a Comedian listened ot her often on Howard Stern where she could be as rude and crude as she wanted..

That said..Joan was 81 had undergone NUMEROUS cosmetic procedures..and general anesthesia ..who knows if she had a underlying condition...she WAS 81..

OP is quick to actually accuse MD's of medical malpractice when she knows absolutely nothing about it.

Accusing somebody of accusations like that in real life can actually result in a lawsuit against the person making statements that are false.

You need to prove the accusations/statements resulted in a loss of income/loss of confidence in their ability/loss of reputation, etc. Which then result in a loss of revenue and professional reputation and you have yourself a winning lawsuit.

The OP could be held Libel for such statements in reality in the legal world...

One person could not use that clinic based on hearsay and if they could prove it..they would win.

I understand being upset and saddened but to make such blanket libelous statements is very wrong. Until it is presented to us that the clinic did not follow protocol and procedure but it has been stated they are being investigated as ROUTINE investigation in instances like this. As they should.

Respected Contributor

On 9/5/2014 TRUE said:

Grieving tonight over Joan watching E....great job. All I want to say is a few years back in my 60's went in for outpatient meniscus repair. During recovery I said to my son with a nurse there I think I'm going to pass out my heart feels funny. They immediately put an aspirin in my mouth to chew something I never thought I could do....and they said I was going to be transported to the main hospital if my vitals were to not go down - they did and immediately. So I think something like this only worse is what happened. The way she works, her age and all the surgeries.....it was her time. Sad for all of us but you never know.

I had a cousin very young had her gall bladder removed .....she was fine until after awhile at home when they took her to ER.....she threw a clot and died. So in this life you never know and it should be a lesson to all of us to appreciate the "now".

I miss her .....and feel so sad for Melissa and Cooper....

LIKE..if we had a like button here..I would LIKE THIS..so VERY TRUE!!

Trusted Contributor

I am sure many people will miss Joan, her quick wit and humor, her liveliness, and the popular products she sold on QVC. However, Joan was in her 80's, and nobody lives forever! If you've ever helped to care for an elderly family member who has outlived their own memory and usefulness, you know how blessed it is to live a long, full, and active life and then to pass on peacefully and suddenly. I have read that the circumstances of her death are being investigated, which seems appropriate, since it was sudden and unexpected.

Peace and healing to Joan's family and friends. She will be missed.

Contributor

I wonder if it was wise to have this procedure done after doing a stage performance the night before.

Many performers say they get a "rush" from performing on stage and I am wondering if Joan had trouble sleeping that night or might have still been excited from the show the night before.

It almost seems like that might not have been the best thing to do at 81 years old.

Just my opinion, I am not in the medical field.

I totally enjoyed Joan and like all posters, I will miss her amazing humor.

.........butterfly

Honored Contributor

On 9/5/2014 Butterfly said:

I wonder if it was wise to have this procedure done after doing a stage performance the night before.

Many performers say they get a "rush" from performing on stage and I am wondering if Joan had trouble sleeping that night or might have still been excited from the show the night before.

It almost seems like that might not have been the best thing to do at 81 years old.

.........butterfly

I had this procedure done twice...t's truly not a big deal at all. You aren't even unconscious.

For a woman who had as many plastic surgeries as she did, this would have been nothing.

Same with performing...she did that just about EVERY day...either through he E! shows,
stand up or QVC. She LOVED performing!

Super Contributor

.........butterfly

On a local NYC station a doctor said the procedure Joan was having is usually done in a hospital under general anesthesia. The types of procedures done at a clinic under local anesthesia are usually related to digestive problems.

Honored Contributor

On 9/5/2014 ivanatrump said:

.........butterfly

On a local NYC station a doctor said the procedure Joan was having is usually done in a hospital under general anesthesia. The types of procedures done at a clinic under local anesthesia are usually related to digestive problems.

That's what I had done...but I was actually in a hospital (and in my 20s and again in my 30s).

Valued Contributor

Buried mom last week at 83. She had a hip operation and stopped breathing, they kept her on vent and tried to bring her out and she couldn't make it. She too, was full of life, lived by herself, drove, was very active, she lived until she died. What better way to go.

Respected Contributor

On 9/5/2014 GoodStuff said:

I am sure many people will miss Joan, her quick wit and humor, her liveliness, and the popular products she sold on QVC. However, Joan was in her 80's, and nobody lives forever! If you've ever helped to care for an elderly family member who has outlived their own memory and usefulness, you know how blessed it is to live a long, full, and active life and then to pass on peacefully and suddenly. I have read that the circumstances of her death are being investigated, which seems appropriate, since it was sudden and unexpected.

Peace and healing to Joan's family and friends. She will be missed.

Well said, GoodStuff. A fan on one of the other posts said she was having a tree planted in Israel in memory of Joan. If you can't do this, how about doing everything in your power to support the land she loved so much? Investigating her death may help other elderly people to get the safest care.