Honored Contributor

Re: I can't see Joan's line on the schedule anymore.

On 9/10/2014 Lucky Charm said: It will probably be discontinued. They wanted to phase her out before with jewelry and joan rivers beauty and she came up with fashion. Since she's gone it really won't be influenced by her any more. I think most people tuned in to see her sadly.

Joan was one of their BIGGEST moneymakers...I don't think she was being phased out - I think she came up with new items when older ones had run their course.

She was always re-inventing her line.

Honored Contributor

It has been posted about 10 times all over here that the shows were cancelled and others put in its place.

No one knows if the line will go on or not at this time.

The Classics Collection wasn't just a line promoted by Joan. Joan was a huge part of it.

Trusted Contributor

Jean Bice's line continued on with Angel. However, I do sense that this may be different. I believe that corporations have insurance to cover these types of things. I don't think that any of us can know what will happen. After all, it was so sudden. May she RIP.

Highlighted
Super Contributor

On 9/10/2014 Deanie said:

Jean Bice's line continued on with Angel. However, I do sense that this may be different. I believe that corporations have insurance to cover these types of things. I don't think that any of us can know what will happen. After all, it was so sudden. May she RIP.

I read a lot of people very upset with Quacker Factory and it not being the same.
Respected Contributor

Joan Rivers LLC is too big a vendor for QVC. I am sure there are plans to continue selling her line. The company has to regroup. I am sure QVC has a tremendous amount of future orders and merchandise sitting in the warehouse to discontinue at this time.

Frequent Contributor

I believe it will be Melissa's decision whether to continue with Joan's products. I have a few and well made.
Honored Contributor

I'd guess her estate and her business associates, as well as QVC management are reviewing options. It's very likely too soon to know what the outcome will be. If there is a volume of new merchandise and a sufficient inventory of existing merchandise, I can't see them leaving it on the shelves... but it'll take some time to figure out how to move this forward in a way that is both respectful and maximizes the likelihood of sales.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Super Contributor

Joan's line brought in a lot of money and let's face it that's what it's all about and I'm sure it will continue unless sales drop off. But I think more Joan shows are on the way once the details are worked through and they probably want to wait a while so it doesn't come off as tasteless so soon after her death. But it won't be the same without her