Honored Contributor

I can't believe it ! My favorite store

[ Edited ]

Christopher Banks at the Mall in amarillo, Tx closed the doors.

Me and DH went walking up the Mall and stood in front of the store and

I hollered WHAT!!   shutters are down.   I talked to Mall security who was walking by and said "when did they close "? she said  "about a week ago and couple of restaurants in the cafe court went under too". I said "I can't believe it " !

ran to Dillards and asked the girl if they was closing too she said "not  that I know of" I hollered "thank God  I'll be naked".

Man, what a deal I got at Dillards they got their  200 coats marked down something drastic. I got a London Fog wool camel coat with scarf ordinarily

150-200 for 47 bucks !!!! Yes, your eyes are not deceiving you forty seven dollars !!!!!   Tag said 98.00 65% off --take to registar and get another 50% off. Not a tiny size either. XL plenty of room and matching scarf for 47.

Wool/Dry Clean only

Anne Klein coats on sale, also !

Honored Contributor

Re: I can't believe it ! My favorite store

That's really a shame as Amarillo is  sort of a shopping wasteland anyway, as is Albuquerque. I don't know where people are going to buy clothing when this pandemic is over.  No wonder QVC is doing well. I don't know how Dillard's is hanging on since our mall parking lot is empty.  It may not even be open.  You can always wear jackets... just jackets. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

Believe it, it's true.  Lots of stores are closing, a combination of COVID and on-line shopping.  

-- pro-aging --

Rochester, New York
Honored Contributor

I'm heading to Lubbock and try my luck down there only 100 miles

then, come fall hit Evansville, In mall

Valued Contributor

The Christopher and Banks brick and mortar stores closed as of March 3,2021. They still have an internet site. If you go to their site there is a press release explaining the situation.

Honored Contributor

They all close ?

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I live in central NJ where we always had lots of retail shopping choices  The mall closest to me in Freehold has also lost stores which is really sad to see.  People lost jobs and there is simply less choice if you want to see an item in person.  I think the trend of online shopping was already hurting these stores - where the rents in this area are astronomical - and the pandemic just sealed their fates.  The Freehold Raceway mall lost Nordstrom, Lord & Taylor, NY& CO. just to name a few.

Super Contributor

How sad....looking beyond our immediate needs and favorite stores closing....

Does anyone else feel like this is a portend to a major recession?...I cannot say the D word, but it is a possibility.

Everyone has seen restaurants, owner businesses, malls close, major department stores go bye bye. Even the Q has drastically cut back on staff, stock and variety.

These arent just merchandise and brand names....they are families, moms and dads, college kids looking for part time jobs.

The US economy, let alone the world cant take much more..

Respected Contributor

@SharkE 

Yes. All Christopher and Banks stores have closed.  They only do online shopping now.

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Respected Contributor

Christopher and Banks sent me an email in February starting that all stores would be closing. They're selling exclusively online now.