Honored Contributor

Re: I broke my own rule and ordered velcro strap shoes!

[ Edited ]

It's a pretty modern modern style, @Lipstickdiva, so the Velcro shouldn't be an issue. Plus they have decent reviews on the 'Net.

Be grateful you don't have any health conditions that necessitate a hook & loop closure.

Here's my Alegria "Kleo" sandals (Velcro in three places, LOL) that have awesome arch support and and comfort... got 'em for support reasons, but I like the 'gladiator' style.

Image result for alegria kleo cognac

Trusted Contributor

Since I have recently been diagnosed with rheumatoid and sometimes have issues with my wrist and fingers....Velcro is my new best friend.
Honored Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

I feel your pain, you should have heard the discouraging words I heard about A286799. They are Earth Keri's. I have always liked unusual shoes, and I figure if 

I like them, that's all that matters. Enjoy your cute shoes !🌺

@QVCkitty1

what "discouraging words?" i bought them and love them. will be going back for a second pair. i recommended them on another thread a few days ago. i am not a huge peep toe person, but these just called my name and they look great. the heel height is perfect and they do feel quite good on my feet

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

I feel your pain, you should have heard the discouraging words I heard about A286799. They are Earth Keri's. I have always liked unusual shoes, and I figure if 

@QVCkitty1

what "discouraging words?" i bought them and love them. will be going back for a second pair. i recommended them on another thread a few days ago. i am not a huge peep toe person, but these just called my name and they look great. the heel height is perfect and they do feel quite good on my feet

Some people just don't share our good taste, LOL.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Honored Contributor

@SusieQ_2 wrote:

@Lipstickdiva I bought my first skechers this last winter, the suede outsole with the furry inside, and fell in love with them -- so, so, comfy! I ended up buying two pair so I could have one for in the house only. 

I was looking at these wedges and have a question. Did you order true to size? 

I ordered the Earth peep toes when they were a TSV and made the mistake of ordering 1/2 size larger. I didn't want my toes to go past the end, but it turned out they didn't show at all! 

I sent them back for an exchange and so far have received a refund but no mention of the exchange. Anyway, sorry for the long post, I was really wondering about the size. I think they're so cute and they look super comfortable. Enjoy your new velcro strap shoes...you can't always follow the rules! Smiley Wink

@SusieQ_2, I was able to go with a 7 1/2 which is the smaller of my size.  I generally go between a 7.5 and an 8.  I do not have a wide foot, just a regular medium foot.  They are a perfect fit on me so I definitely would not size up. 

Honored Contributor

@QVCkitty1 wrote:

@QVCkitty1, I love those Earth Keri's.  I was just unsure of a size which is why I didn't order.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Ha ha. I have a confession. I have several velcro shoes too! :-D

These Clarks Caslynn Shae were my favorite all summer last year. They are sooo comfortable.

Image result for clarks caslynn shae

If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor. ~ Desmond Tutu
QVC Customer Care

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC retail link posted. Against Standards.

Esteemed Contributor

@Lipstickdiva, thanks for answering. I can go between an 81/2 and 9, but 81/2 usually fits best. I'm like you in that my foot is not wide, but I always worry ordering online that they might run small so I sometimes go with 9. 

With a closed in shoe a 1/2 size too big isn't really a problem, but on a peep toe it can mean my toes don't show at all which is not a good look.

Thanks for your feedback. I'd been looking at those shoes for a while but I'm always slow to decide which is a good strategy for me because sometimes I change my mind which saves $. 

For example, I watched the presentation of that Ryka TSV so many times and didn't order it. The next day I decided to get it in gray/pink, but because I waited, I'm on waitlist. My daughter said they look like shoes for a doll so now I think I'll cancel them. Hesitation = money saved!

Anyway, thanks for your help and enjoy those new sandals--velcro & all!