Honored Contributor

I broke my own rule and ordered velcro strap shoes!

I have always detested shoes with velcro.  As a general rule, if a shoe had a velcro strap of any kind, it was a deal breaker for me.  A couple weeks ago I was watching AMStyle and Leah was showing a pair of Skechers wedge sandals that looked similar to a pair of Clarks wedge sandals I loved but thought were too expensive. 

I had reservations about the velcro but ordered them anyhow.  They came Friday and I love them.  I still wish they didn't have the veclro but the shoes are stinking adorable IMO and they seem like they will be super soft and comfortable, although I've not worn them around.

My DH saw them and told me the velcro should have been the least of my concerns.  He thinks the shoes are ugly.  I did ask his honest opinion and I laughed when he told me.  My SIL shook her head when she saw them too.  LOL  I ordered them in the natural shade. 

Skechers Women's Parallel Trapezoid Wedge Sandal   

Respected Contributor

Re: I broke my own rule and ordered velcro strap shoes!

I'm speechless .   Lol

Honored Contributor

I like them @Lipstickdiva. I was going to order them but they don't come in wides. They are really cute in that natural color. Enjoy wearing your new Velcro sandals.Woman WinkWoman Very Happy

Respected Contributor

They look comfortable.  

Honored Contributor

I feel your pain, you should have heard the discouraging words I heard about A286799. They are Earth Keri's. I have always liked unusual shoes, and I figure if 

I like them, that's all that matters. Enjoy your cute shoes !🌺

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Esteemed Contributor

@Lipstickdiva I bought my first skechers this last winter, the suede outsole with the furry inside, and fell in love with them -- so, so, comfy! I ended up buying two pair so I could have one for in the house only. 

I was looking at these wedges and have a question. Did you order true to size? 

I ordered the Earth peep toes when they were a TSV and made the mistake of ordering 1/2 size larger. I didn't want my toes to go past the end, but it turned out they didn't show at all! 

I sent them back for an exchange and so far have received a refund but no mention of the exchange. Anyway, sorry for the long post, I was really wondering about the size. I think they're so cute and they look super comfortable. Enjoy your new velcro strap shoes...you can't always follow the rules! Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

If you want sandals, you don't have much choice but to accept Velcro.  One of my favorite activities (not) is to disengage dog hair from the hook side of Velcro. 

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Esteemed Contributor

@QVCkitty1, I just made a comment about the Earth Keri! I ordered them a half size too large and returned them. I sent them back as a return but so far have not heard back other than receiving a refund (minus shipping, of course). 

Anyway, I though they were adorable. Did you like yours?

Honored Contributor

There is an advantage to velcro straps.  Leather strips that have to constantly be buckled get worn looking very quickly and can make a shoe look old very quickly.  

These shoes will look nice for a very long time.

Honored Contributor

I've never had a problem with some shoes with Velcro.

I like the ones O/P posted !

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"