Valued Contributor

@cherry wrote:

I got this for $24 and it is a Vanity Fair. I don't know how good this brand is any more. I haven't worn a dress in decades. I have bought 4 of them this year..Things change @Trinity11  and so do people. I wouldn't touch a dress for a long time. Now, I wonder why not?

@cherry Especially that they are the best thing to wear in the warm weather as are skirts, better than pants, in my opinion.  Welcome back to the dress world.  Welcome back.  As far as the slips, I had to buy some probably a couple of years ago and it was a bit difficult finding them especially since I wanted cotton slips. Enjoy the summer.

Honored Contributor

I have several and wear them...two lengths of short ones and a full slip.  I also have a skort slip....

Respected Contributor

i never stopped wearing slips.  dresses and skirts hang better with them.  i can quite often tell when someone is not wearing one and i don't like the look.  dresses have to be lined for a reason quite often - and we pay more.  years ago we would just have pulled out a full or half slip.

Trusted Contributor

I always wear half slips under skirts and maxi dresses.  The dresses and skirts hang better (for lack of a better term!) and don't cling.  Keep in mind that I live in Tennessee where it is upper 80's already and I don't find them to be hot.  Truthfully, I wish everyone wore them under dresses and skirts.  It helps to avoid the "PIC" syndrome!!Cat LOL

Honored Contributor

Maybe slips will return.

In a tank style.

There used to be a specifically named fabric that was slightly thick-ish, which smoothed everything worn on top.

I cannot think of the name of that fabric.  It wasn't nylon, but ___________?

'Anyway', I just don't understand why slips aren't still widely available.

Much better than having to wear all of those body shapers, etc.

Especially now-a-days, with all of the knit dresses that we wear.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

I found one several years ago at a Marshalls store.

Honored Contributor

@ROMARY  was it

silk charmuese.?

Honored Contributor

No, it was a Trademark name for a taffeta-like fabric which didn't wrinkle, and washed and dried perfect.

I'm too lazy to look through all of my old slips to see if it's on the label.

Anyway, it was perfect for under knits, and I recall just about everyone looked for that particular fabric when buying slips.

'Darn', I have a feeling that I won't be able to recall the name, unless I find those slips.

Not taffeta (which always wrinkled after washing), but similar in the way that clothes would glide over the slip.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Honored Contributor

p.s.  Most often used in half slips.

Respected Contributor

I actually did not realize they still made slips.

Yes, I know, crazy, right?

I don’t even remember when I even had my last slips.

Never had a full slip, just half slips in basic colors.

-Texas Hill Country-