Super Contributor

I was brought up that a lady always wears a slip.  I won't wear one if my dress or skirt is made of a heavy fabric and lined, otherwise I wear a half slip.  I buy mine from Macy's.  I have black, white and cream in different lengths that I have acquired over the years.  I think part of the reason they fell out of favor is when shapers became popular.  Shapers can't help hide the silhouette of your legs though.  Now we have gone through a generation that haven't worn them.  I'm afraid they are considered old fashioned to many women.  Too bad, as sometimes they really are necessary.  

I don't have the cling problem because I haven't worn pantyhose in over a decade, but I do remember back when I did.  

Honored Contributor

@cherry wrote:

I got this for $24 and it is a Vanity Fair. I don't know how good this brand is any more. I haven't worn a dress in decades. I have bought 4 of them this year..Things change @Trinity11  and so do people. I wouldn't touch a dress for a long time. Now, I wonder why not?

@cherry ...Talbots had some beautiful dresses in their last catalogue. I bought one.

Honored Contributor

They really do @Trinity11   I got mine from H , they are by Marlawynne, and Ss far  the 2 that I have are wonderful. I am waiting for my third to be shipped

I also got a little black dress from Isaac last fall

Which dress di you buy @Trinity11 

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@cherry It was from the Friends and Family catalogue ..pg. 55, the Painterly floral Fit and Flare dress. It was a long time since I bought a dress and I wore it on my birthday.

Honored Contributor

I love painterly and also fit and flare. I got a painterly top a couple of months ago, and I love it

Wear it in health @Trinity11 

Honored Contributor

@cherry wrote:

I love painterly and also fit and flare. I got a painterly top a couple of months ago, and I love it

Wear it in health @Trinity11 

Thank you @cherry . 

Honored Contributor

I've always worn a slip under dresses and skirts.  I'd feel naked w/o one!  

In recent years, I bought all mine at JCP.  I have a few that I that are made specifically to wear under knits.   

Vermont Country Store is another good place to buy them.

Honored Contributor

I haven't worn one in years, but when I did wear them I wore half-slips.

Honored Contributor

Re: I bought a slip today

[ Edited ]

The last time I wore a slip was under my wedding gown, 26 year ago this month

Stop being afraid of what could go wrong and start being positive what could go right.
Respected Contributor

Found  black, white and taupe half slips at Kohl’s.....and found white ones in different lengths at Macy’s.

wear them in the summer under my sheer maxi tank dresses....cooler than slacks or shorts !

We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.
Sir Winston Churchill