Honored Contributor

I haven't owned one in decades. I just think  it makes a dress fit better. It sort of cuts static cling

I had to go to Amazon . Neither Q nor H sell  them...Amazon has heaps, so ,they must still be a bit in demand

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

I bought a half slip at Walmart.

Honored Contributor

@cherry wrote:

I haven't owned one in decades. I just think  it makes a dress fit better. It sort of cuts static cling

I had to go to Amazon . Neither Q nor H sell  them...Amazon has heaps, so ,they must still be a bit in demand

I am with you @cherry . Some dresses just look nicer with a slip. I think Vermont Country Store sell them too. Free shipping with a purchase of $65.00.

Honored Contributor

Re: I bought a slip today

[ Edited ]

I got this for $24 and it is a Vanity Fair. I don't know how good this brand is any more. I haven't worn a dress in decades. I have bought 4 of them this year..Things change @Trinity11  and so do people. I wouldn't touch a dress for a long time. Now, I wonder why not?

Respected Contributor

I bought several dresses last year. And I felt more comfortable wearing a slip. Vanity Fair is the brand I see frequently.

And you're right, I doubt it's the same quality we remember.

Respected Contributor

I own around 8 slips...  different colors and lengths.  I wear skirts to work everyday and always have one under my skirt.  I get mine at Macy's ...  usually Vanity Fair.  I have black, cream and white.

Honored Contributor

This is sort of that light nude color. If I  like it, I will get a black and a white one

Respected Contributor

It's funny how slips just kind of faded away.  I still wear one every time I wear a dress or skirt.  It keeps the garment from clinging to my panty hose (yes - I'm ancient!!!!) and helps it to hang the way it is supposed to.  It also helps the garment from being see-through. 

Honored Contributor

I notice some dresses come with substantial lining much like a slip. Do you still wear a separate

slip then?

Honored Contributor

I wouldn't @Andreatoo . A slip just make a big differnce with some dresses..