Respected Contributor

Re: I bought a denim jacket!

@ALRATIBA wrote:

@Sublime Saumya 

See ..... that's what my issue has been.  I've rebelled against "a must for every wardrobe" dictum for lots of years.  

After 12 years of wearing a school uniform ... I swore I would never again dress like anyone else.  So far, so good.  So now - I chose white ...  and now  I'm thinking about how I'm going to wear it so it doesn't look like your run-of-the-mill denim jacket.

I have some palazzo pants in rather "jazzy" prints ... thinking .... thinking ... scarves? ...  skinny scarves? ....  over LOGO tops? ....

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

@Sublime Saumya wrote:

Denim jackets are truly stylish and never out of fashion. it’s a must have for every wardrobe.

@ALRATIBA 

I love a jean jacket over a dressy dress.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Hippiified 

Great suggestion ... I hadn't thought of that!  Thanks.

I only wear black dresses ... the whte jacket would look fab!   And my LBDs are styles that can be worn just about anywhere with a change of accessories!

THANK YOU!

----------------------------------------------------

@Hippiified wrote:

@ALRATIBA wrote:

@Sublime Saumya 

See ..... that's what my issue has been.  I've rebelled against "a must for every wardrobe" dictum for lots of years.  

After 12 years of wearing a school uniform ... I swore I would never again dress like anyone else.  So far, so good.  So now - I chose white ...  and now  I'm thinking about how I'm going to wear it so it doesn't look like your run-of-the-mill denim jacket.

I have some palazzo pants in rather "jazzy" prints ... thinking .... thinking ... scarves? ...  skinny scarves? ....  over LOGO tops? ....

@Sublime Saumya wrote:

Denim jackets are truly stylish and never out of fashion. it’s a must have for every wardrobe.

@ALRATIBA 

Respected Contributor

@ALRATIBA 

Glad it helped.  I like to wear things that are different too.  I only wear dark solids when I wear a dress, and usually wear with dark leggings.  Enjoy your jacket!

@ALRATIBA wrote:

@Hippiified 

Great suggestion ... I hadn't thought of that!  Thanks.

I only wear black dresses ... the whte jacket would look fab!   And my LBDs are styles that can be worn just about anywhere with a change of accessories!

THANK YOU!

----------------------------------------------------

@Hippiified wrote:

@ALRATIBA wrote:

@Sublime Saumya 

@Sublime Saumya wrote:

@ALRATIBA 

Honored Contributor

Got my A350580 jacket today. Fits great. Can't wash it because have no washer (see community chat) one bright spot in the horrible day I've had.

Respected Contributor

@SharkE: I like that denim jacket. Did you get the dark or light wash? 

Honored Contributor

Light bleached denim

Honored Contributor

@ALRATIBA 

Sounds like you got some great deals! Enjoy! 

I used to have several jean jackets in various colors, but I rarely wore them. They were always too hot for me in the warmer months, and in the colder weather I wore my leather & suede jackets instead. Every time I see a jean jacket and love the look on others, I remind myself that I just wouldn't wear it enough. 

The only jean jacket I kept & currently own is a dark denim 3/4 sleeve dressy version. I wear it over sleeveless dresses in the Spring & Summer once in awhile. 

Honored Contributor

@wilma 

I'm retired and always going somewhere ....

Everywhere I go here in NYC is air conditioned.  Even the buses are freezing!  Taxi's are freezng.  The amount of time I spend "on the street" between transportation and destination is minimal.   So - for me, jackets are a must-have in summer. 

I have quite a collection of summer-weight ... this will be my first denim!   

-------------------------------------

@wilma wrote:

@ALRATIBA 

Sounds like you got some great deals! Enjoy! 

I used to have several jean jackets in various colors, but I rarely wore them. They were always too hot for me in the warmer months, and in the colder weather I wore my leather & suede jackets instead. Every time I see a jean jacket and love the look on others, I remind myself that I just wouldn't wear it enough. 

The only jean jacket I kept & currently own is a dark denim 3/4 sleeve dressy version. I wear it over sleeveless dresses in the Spring & Summer once in awhile. 

Valued Contributor

@Hippiified  I agree with you.I went to the symphony last weekend and saw a lady with a fancier dress with a short jean jacket over it.It looked great! 

Honored Contributor

@SharkE 

@SharkE wrote:

"I bought a denim Jacket"

Yep, me too !

You have enough denim jackets to supply QVC.What color did you get?