Valued Contributor

Re: I am tired of the NO CLOSURE look in jackets, etc.

While I personally can't layer clothing due to the climate I live in, I've notice that many of the models can't close their jackets/sweaters because the size they're wearing is too small. A common problem discussed many times!

Esteemed Contributor

I know!! What is that??! I can't stand open front anything. What's the point? I'm with you 100%. Maybe it's a way to cheapen in the price of the garment. There have been so many cute sweaters/jackets but I just passed over because they were open front. I need at least a couple of buttons or a zipper, something. I hope this style goes away soon. It's as popular with me as jogger pants....not. 

Respected Contributor

I prefer open cardigans and jackets. I do not buy these items to wear as outerwear, they’re inside clothes that I’ll wear something under. Closures just add bulk.
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I like both the  "buttoned up" and the "fly away" looks.

For me - it totally depends on the indivdual piece, what the weather is and where I'm going.

----------------------

ETA:  I have a nice collection of sweater chains/clips.

Super Contributor

I don’t know who is in charge of QVC fashion but it has done a 180 over the past few years. An open cardigan is ok for some occasions but it is not something that we need a lot of! Here we go though! Every QVC brand has to have at least a couple of open front cardigans all made out of the usual synthetic material!
I don’t know who runs the fashion department but I really dislike the way things are going. I guess we are just supposed to take it or leave it just like everything else.
Honored Contributor

@ellietoo 

There is a lot of duplication among the varous "designers" (and I use that term loosely).  

Sometimes I wonder if their designers are merely "xerox machines."

Just recently SG and Truth & Style had a new item that was just like LOGO had several years ago (I have one in my closet) and Tolan has done frequently.

SG

product thumbnail

Tolani

product thumbnail

truth & style

product thumbnail

Honored Contributor

I won't buy a cardigan, blazer, coat, or jacket without a zip or button closure. I don't always use the closures, but I want to have that option. I also think a garment looks more "finished" with closures. 

Honored Contributor

I am always on the run and don't take those few minutes, but I DO prefer buttons to a zipper when it gets below 40 degrees. 

Respected Contributor

@wilma  I agree with you. I want the option of being able to close a garment, and the closure does make it look more finished.

Esteemed Contributor

@jackthebear I like straight hems, too. I have stopped buying tops that have the IMO stupid hemlines. 

Vendors and hosts on Q will say "oh it hides X". No not really. Sometimes those odd hemlines accentuate what you don't want people to see.