Honored Contributor

Re: I am so over this bell sleeve craze. What is next?!

Give me a bell sleeve any day over the stupid cold shoulder, sharkbite junk----ick!!!!

Honored Contributor

I don’t wear bell sleeves but my hairdresser does. When she washes my hair one of the sleeves brushes across my face several times. I’ve never said anything but I really don’t like that. Another place I don’t care for the look is at the salad bar. 

Esteemed Contributor

I have long loved embellished sleeves and tops with unusual sleeve treatment (bell, ruffle, puffy... you name it).  I have purchased a few new tops in the past year where the sleeves are the show, but I won't go overboard buying every new top from this trend.  For those who don't like it the brands and designers are still making tradiional long, short and sleeveless tops, so it's not like you can't buy a new top because big sleeves are hot.  I have passed on tops with sharkbite hemlines and cold shoulders for a few years now, regardless of how much I otherwise like the style of the garment. 

QVC is no different than all other retailers when it comes to pushing the trends.  New trends are what really keep fashion sales soaring high in the black.  If not for trends  fashion sales would be flat.  Retailers who don't jump on the trends pay the price with sluggish sales, and their stores don't look fashionable, even to many shoppers who will never wear the hot trends. I have passed on tops with sharkbite hemlines and cold shoulders for a few years now, regardless of how much I otherwise like the style of the garment. 

Honored Contributor

@winamac1wrote:

I love bell sleeves. 

I'm so not over them. 

I like them too @winamac1. I just bought a blouse with bell sleeves and received compliments and requests for where I bought it from complete strangers at the doctor's office. 

Honored Contributor

I just bought a couple of tops with them ,and I really like it. Mine aren't huge ,and don't fall over my hand

I always like a few fun things to wear , that are on trend

Super Contributor

Bell sleeves remind me of someone who made their own clothes and wasn't very good at it.  LOL  I don't think they are really that flattering, just kind of stupid looking.  Put them in the donate pile with the cold shoulder and shark bite hems.  I cannot believe designers can't come up with something better than that.  Styles are so ugly right now.

Contributor

I often wondered how people keep them out of their food. Lol

Respected Contributor

I have a few tops with them and haven't had any real issues. My avatar is me wearing one of my favorites. OK by this 83 year old gal.

Honored Contributor

Some actually look very nice but they are so impractical unless all you do when wearing is just nothing  including going to the bathroom, washing your hands, eating, doing any kind work, dealing with children, using drawers.  I remember back in the '70's when they were popular they had garters to hold all the material back but then you had wrinkles.   Not for me for sure!!

Honored Contributor

I'm trying to dissuade myself from the idea that I should buy only clothes that will last a lifetime. :-) Really, it's okay to venture out a bit and try something that you like but that you might not wear forever. We live only once.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland