Trusted Contributor

Re: I am hoping for cotton gauze clothing to be offered soon

I purchased one shirt and tank set from denim & co in the past.  The shirt shrunk so much after the first wash that I could no longer wear it.  Any advice on how to wash gauze pieces, or should I just go up a size?

Honored Contributor

@mac116

With denim and co. I definitely go up a size, wash on cold and hang to dry.

HTH💛

Honored Contributor

@mac116 wrote:

I purchased one shirt and tank set from denim & co in the past.  The shirt shrunk so much after the first wash that I could no longer wear it.  Any advice on how to wash gauze pieces, or should I just go up a size?

I've had just the opposite experience.  The gauze D&C that I've purchased was oversized and baggy and didn't shrink a bit...I wish it had.  I don't care for it at all.  Wearing it makes me feel like a baglady.  The pants are like clown pants.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

@butterfly123 The TSV on Evine today is a cute embroided guaze button-front top with matching tank. It's from their OSO casuals line.

Respected Contributor

I love gauze!  Many years ago, SG had several items made of gauze. Perfect--so airy!

And, as someone pointed out, so much better than polyester clothing that you feel trapped in.

Honored Contributor

@sandraskates wrote:

@butterfly123 The TSV on Evine today is a cute embroided guaze button-front top with matching tank. It's from their OSO casuals line.

It looks nice. I was tempted but the long back is a dealbreaker, I think. I am so tired of hi/lo hems on everything. 

Honored Contributor

@sandraskates wrote:

Thank you @sandraskates for the information🌺

Respected Contributor

I like gauze items too, but hate the laundering hassle to keep it from shrinking.
Esteemed Contributor

I had a few minutes to spare before my service club lunch meeting today, so I wandered through JC Penney's and was surprised at all the gauze tops and pants I saw.

No act of kindness, no matter how small, is ever wasted. - Aesop
Respected Contributor

@MaggieMack wrote:

I had a few minutes to spare before my service club lunch meeting today, so I wandered through JC Penney's and was surprised at all the gauze tops and pants I saw.

@MaggieMack

Just 'wandering through' JCP is exactly how you and I get in trouble.  Cat Tongue