Honored Contributor

Re: I am done spending on my summer wardrobe

I'm done also. Although I only bought 2 summer items, I already have more than I need. I did the "backwards hanger" thing in my closet and see daily that most of those hangers are still backwards, they tells me (as if I needed to be told, lol) that I'm not wearing quite a few things I already own. Why buy more?
"To each their own, in all things".
Honored Contributor

I don’t really need anything either, but I had free money coupons that were going to expire: $15 at Dress Barn & $10 at Marshall’s so I bought a few more short sleeve tops and tees. Of course, I always end up spending more than the free money coupon. 😉 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Retail stores mark their summer stuff down the most right after July 4th....that's when the next big marketing push is.....back to school...followed shortly by fall/ winter..... I went into a major dept store yesterday to spend a gift card I received for Mother's Day....I could not find a single thing I liked and left with the card still in my wallet....I need tops to wear everyday...nothing fancy or elaborate....could not find anything that was a straight hem without peplums, shark-bite, ruffles etc, which I don't like at all....I did see some exact replicas of Graver tops minus the liquid Knit...these were lighter fabric...but same print and style on several tops. Guess I will keep the card for fall and go to Walmart? All I want are nice knit tops without ruffled sleeves, sequins, cut-outs, etc. 

Honored Contributor

I am done shopping for Summer as well. I actually started shopping early this year for Summer clothes, and I am set. I look forward to Fall shopping later next month when all of the Fall clothing will come out......

Honored Contributor

Living in Florida I rarely shop for any winter clothing - I have some and it's enough.So my season to shop would normally be summer clothes.However, this year I am more in purge mode than buy mode.

Respected Contributor

I'm very close to being done with my summer clothes shopping as well.  The last item I want is a pair of shorts: something that isn't Bermuda (I have those) yet isn't a high school girl's short shorts.  So hard to find that sweet spot.  Oh, and I need some fresh, new earrings!

Esteemed Contributor

Yea...I am done too....bought too many sandals 

Respected Contributor

Since summers in Arizona last about seven months of the year, I’m usually in summer clothes .

Contributor

I started a capsule waradrobe donated so many clothes & this year I have not spent one dime on summer clothes. And as far as QVC goes dont liek what they are offering anymore & the prices plus shipping leave a lot to be desired. I shop at Nordstroms online & get better pries & quality plus designs I like.

Honored Contributor

I bought the best tee shirts from Target.  I bought 4 total.  Two are very lightweight and the oher 2 are medium weight still excellent for summer and beyond.  Under $10 ea.  I also purchased a short sleeve blouse (I hate ironing but I caved in).  Now I have a $5 gift card I was given from a purchase burning in my hand for Target so I am not sure what I will buy. Plus I purchased 3 linen/cotton tops and one long cardigan from JJill when they had everything marked down and then 40% off the sale price.  I think I am set for summer but you never know.  I love sales when they are better than good.  Cat Very Happy

kindness is strength