Esteemed Contributor

Re: I am done spending on my summer wardrobe

This year I've bought 3 summery T shirts to wear exercising or yard work. Of the other tops I bought only two could be considered summery - a cold shoulder crinkle rayon top in a salmon pink color that I bought at London Drugs (a Canadian drugstore chain) and a navy blue crinkle rayon babydoll top I bought at Target Australia in March (no relation to the American Target stores). My other clothing purchases this year have been long or 3/4 sleeve tops that could be considered seasonless.

Most of my fun money for clothes has gone to Skecher shoes and sandals or to cosmetics. The only department store purchases of clothes I made this year were 2 long sleeve INC tops from Hudson's Bay in Canada and 2 long sleeve Spense tops from Dillard's in Las Vegas.

I can tell that not only have my clothing purchases moved from department stores to other retailers but that this year I'm shopping in person more for cosmetics in bricks and mortar stores -- likely because I am watching a lot of youtube beauty influencers. I have spent 0 dollars online for cosmetics this year and only made 1 online purchase for jewelry back on January 1st. I returned 2 online clothing purchases made this year in March and have not purchases any clothes online since so effectively my online clothing purchases this year is also 0.

Trusted Contributor

I am finished shopping for summer, too.  I have already purchased three jackets for fall, a pair of tan slacks, and a pair of dark jeans.  I don't "need" anything for fall, but I like to refresh my wardrobe choices each season.  Slacks and jackets are my mainstays.  I don't plan to buy any coats, shoes, or boots.  And I have a nice black Dooney that I will use again starting in the fall, so I don't plan to buy any handbags.   

I have a very casual summer wardrobe.  I live at our lakehouse and wear bermuda shorts and a nice t-shirt nearly every day.  I did purchase a few new t-shirts for this summer because with all the washing, they don't last more than a couple of seasons.  My biggest purchase for this summer was a pair of Ecco walking sandals which I have worn almost daily.  

Valued Contributor

I am with you ladies.   I have enough and do not think I will get them all worn either.  Not a big fan of summer clothes but I have seen a lot of tops I like this summer.  I purchase brick and mortar and love going out and shopping.  I like to try on and some things run so big any more or odd on.

Now and then I get some clothes items from QVC but seems like I end up sending back for one reason or another.  I do better with the shoes.

I like to watch the fashion shows and usually can find what I am looking for everywhere.   Lots of stores available and close by.

Esteemed Contributor

@Desertdi wrote:

I say that every year.   So far, it hasn't worked.......

Yep!!!!!!!!! I hear ya...sounds good anyway, right??? xxx

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West
Esteemed Contributor

@CatsyCline wrote:

I rarely buy after June unless its a great price.  I'll wait for August when the fall season comes in at TJs/Marshalls.   I have two tops and capris from Macys I got in April and have  yet to wear!    I swear that store has subliminal messages ...

Another Macy's addict...they have everything and they keep sending me coupons! I finally had to stop..!  At least for awhile...!  I have to say their merchnadise is the best!

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West
New Contributor

The ability to walk out of a store like that is proof you're a smart shopper!

Honored Contributor

I'm done too. Fiscally prudent wise I have to be. My summer wardrobe is very casual too, and it's a short season where I live.

I need to focus on purging-donating and selling. Tailoring a few things that are worth tailoring.

"You call him The Edge, I just call him The"
Trusted Contributor

I just went through my summer clothes and will getting rid of 20 tshirts. They are too short and really old. I'd like to get new shirts, but not necessarily tees. Maybe something nicer. I will not be buying any more shorts, capris, or sandals. 👚👚👚👚