Respected Contributor

Re: I Would Like to See ONE show really about fashion.

On 4/4/2015 depglass said:

They seem to forget each presentation is a first presentation for a segment of the audience. Cover the important stuff each time, please. What bugs me the most is not telling us if its knit or woven. Sometimes its just not that obvious with the synthetic fabrics. They omit this on the website, also.

I agree. And I don't need to be told where I can wear an item...picking up the kids, could go to a wedding or the beach, sitting at a ballgame. More information about the item, less superfluous stuff.

Esteemed Contributor

I agree also, Sooner. I'm not interested in all the places I can wear my clothes, or who I can give them to. All important detail time like fit, fabric, inseams, seems to be spent on nonsense. I can figure out where to wear and who to gift -- tell me things I don't know.

Honored Contributor

I believe that's the premise of Amy's show, Inspired Style. Smile

Super Contributor

In answer to your question: not on QVC (except for Louis dell'Olio and George Simonton).

If anyone with any "fashion sense" thinks D&C, SG, L, etc. shows "fashion", think again.{#emotions_dlg.sneaky}

Not applicable

Oh my goodness "Little Miss Sunshine," you have just dumped a huge rainfall on my otherwise sunshiny day. And I was under the assumption that I had impeccable fashion sense until you informed me otherwise. Since I value your 2513 posts of info, I must not shop for apparel on QVC any more, because there's no other brand for me to order. In IMHO, Louis dell'Olio shows no fashion sense. His apparel isn't fashionable, each item is for old, dowdy women. He is still living in the 50's. No need to acknowledge me, just want you, and a few other "discriminating" shoppers like yourself to know there are surely "Different strokes for difference folks." From a 77 year old middle class woman.

Super Contributor

On 4/4/2015 thats my doggie said:

Oh my goodness "Little Miss Sunshine," you have just dumped a huge rainfall on my otherwise sunshiny day. And I was under the assumption that I had impeccable fashion sense until you informed me otherwise. Since I value your 2513 posts of info, I must not shop for apparel on QVC any more, because there's no other brand for me to order. In IMHO, Louis dell'Olio shows no fashion sense. His apparel isn't fashionable, each item is for old, dowdy women. He is still living in the 50's. No need to acknowledge me, just want you, and a few other "discriminating" shoppers like yourself to know there are surely "Different strokes for difference folks." From a 77 year old middle class woman.

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

Contributor

{#emotions_dlg.lol} I love your post! If your fashion style is half as good as your writing style, I'm sure you look terrific.

Super Contributor

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

Esteemed Contributor

On 4/4/2015 sugarftmom said:

{#emotions_dlg.lol} I love your post! If your fashion style is half as good as your writing style, I'm sure you look terrific.

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup} Judging from what I see out in public, especially on some younger women, I think there are a bunch of us "old gals" who could teach a lot of the self-professed "fashionistas" here a thing or two (or three or four) about fashion! In fact, I did "teach" about fashion when I owned a jewelry business a number of years ago, holding fashion/jewelry shows for many women's groups sometimes using fashions from local boutiques & stores. And I'll be like that poster and toot my own horn... from what I was told many times, I was good at it! {#emotions_dlg.laugh} I sure wish some of these "fashion divas" who know so much more than the rest of us could post pictures of themselves in their "high class duds"! {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}

Honored Contributor

On 4/4/2015 little miss sunshine said:

In answer to your question: not on QVC (except for Louis dell'Olio and George Simonton).

If anyone with any "fashion sense" thinks D&C, SG, L, etc. shows "fashion", think again.{#emotions_dlg.sneaky}

Excuse me, but I find a lot of "fashion" in these shows that I can wear to the post office, grocery store, or to stop by a friend's house. I think people in real life, doing real errands are "fashionable" in a casual and neat way. I am not living on Madison Avenue or am I old money. I am a working person going to Piggly Wiggly and to the post office to mail back my Denim and Co. shirt that didn't fit. My fashion sense is wonderful and appropriate for my life.