Frequent Contributor

Re: I WISH QVC WOULD GIVE BUST MEASUREMENTS FOR EACH ITEM, SINCE EACH DESIGNER IS DIFFERENT!!!

@MacDUFF wrote:

"...With the CLICK HERE, which gives accurate manufacturer's measurements of clothing, you can eliminate the need to buy two of the same garment and have to send one back."

@GOODBYEGIRL

Don't I wish!  Unfortunately, my experience is that the click here measurements are not always "accurate!"  AND, even if you still have to buy two of the same garment, it doesn't always mean either one will fit.  The sizing inconsistencies for so many of us are the norm now.  Frustrating

Well just recently I experienced that!  I ordered Isaac Mizrahi PJS and Robe and loved them so much I ordered another pair of PJs only to find that they were too small in the bust!  They actually measured on the chart to be 1/2 inch larger than the pair I already had!  So back they went!

I have always had my return shipping waived when things like this happen.  If it is a poor judgement call on my part, I will eat the cost, but in cases like this, I don't.

Respected Contributor

Re: I WISH QVC WOULD GIVE BUST MEASUREMENTS FOR EACH ITEM, SINCE EACH DESIGNER IS DIFFERENT!!!

[ Edited ]

@GOODBYEGIRL   Did you get those damask knit pj's?  I've been eyeing them.  They look so pretty.  If so, what color did you get?

May I also ask if you got your regular size? I'm a size small but usually get a medium in Carol H pj's. However, Isaac's look to be quite generously cut so maybe I should stick with small.  I like pj's a little loose as most probably do.

The click here measurements are helpful, but I find the charts themselves annoying.  If you scroll down too far, you cannot see the headings. 

Esteemed Contributor

Garment measurements for the bust are a must but you also have to understand that the difference between the actual bust measurement and the garment measurement is called garment ease. Garment ease is necessary in order for a piece of clothing to go over your body. There is usually less garment ease in knit garments as manufacturers count on the stretch of the material to provide some of the ease.

But whenever you are seeing a knit garment that is pulling across the bust or you are seeing backfat from the rear view, then you know that there's not enough garment ease. The bestg thing to do is to take a top or garment that is similar to what you are thinking of buying and measure it and yourself so you can see how much garment ease you need when you are looking to buy online and you can't try it on first.