Trusted Contributor

Re: I Think I want my Ears Pierced Again

I, too, have entertained the idea of a second piercing. I can still see where I had that done on one earlobe when I was younger. Eventually, I let it go and it sealed/healed up. My concern now is the possibility of getting keloids. I didn't have them when I was younger, but now at 70 I fear having that happen.

Esteemed Contributor

@Lipstickdiva  don't let a 40 year old memory old you bacK!  Don't go to the doctor, they dont specialize in piercings. Find a well traficked shop and let an experienced person do it with a piercing gun.  It takes a second and is not painful.  I did my second piercing that way a long time ago.  no big deal. turn the starter earrings for a few days, follow instructions

Honored Contributor

I've always wanted to get second piercings too. But I always have my hair cut to cover my ears and style it that way. Feel it wouldn't be worth it for earrings that wouldn't show. But I love the look of combining certain earrings.

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Honored Contributor

A surgeon did my ears, and the nurse gave him the ok ,when he marked the spot he was going to pierce. Mine have never closed, nor did I ever get an infection

Honored Contributor

I had mine pierced by a doctor when I was 8... then I did 2 more piercings on my left ear when I was about 18. I did them with those little hoop earrings that pierce your ear gradually. I have 3 on the left and 1 on the right.

I decided I didn't like the 2 extra on the left about 12 years ago and went several years not wearing earrings in those holes. 

Well about 2 years ago I changed my mind and carefully pushed earrings through those holes again and never looked back. I like my extra piercings and don't think I will ever remove them again

Live a little...go for the extra holes!!!