Reply
Respected Contributor
Posts: 3,319
Registered: ‎11-03-2018

Re: I Think I want my Ears Pierced Again

Just go for it!  I haven't worn an earring in my second piercing in a long time.  I like the look of a stud in the second piercing and a hoop in the first. 

 

If they don't use a gun, what do they use now? 

Occasional Contributor
Posts: 19
Registered: ‎03-15-2018

Re: I Think I want my Ears Pierced Again

Go for it! I got my 2nd piercing done at Claire’s in the mall at 67 and no problems, actually healed so fast no turning much, whatever there solution was that I used was better than my 1st time piercing and alcohol. 

Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 5,523
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: I Think I want my Ears Pierced Again

I also had mine done by our family doctor.  I was in the 6th grade and the only thing that I remember was that it was quick.  I don't remember a lot of pain but I was excited to get those gold studs!

 

I think as long as you keep it clean it would mostly heal up quickly.  It would only be a problem if it became infected but it should be easy enough to keep clean. 

 

I've thought about getting it done but my hair covers my ears so I only wear long earrings now.  At my age I'm not about to go out in public with my hair up or pulled back to show off my lovely lack of a jawline!

Honored Contributor
Posts: 26,260
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: I Think I want my Ears Pierced Again


@Bri369 wrote:

Just go for it!  I haven't worn an earring in my second piercing in a long time.  I like the look of a stud in the second piercing and a hoop in the first. 

 

If they don't use a gun, what do they use now? 


@Bri369, I don't know what they use.  I'm guessing it's still probably a gun but an updated version that doesn't look like what they used years ago.

 

Claire's uses what is called a no-touch piercing tool.  It almost looked like a wand from what I could tell in the video. 

Respected Contributor
Posts: 3,319
Registered: ‎11-03-2018

Re: I Think I want my Ears Pierced Again


@LipstickDiva wrote:

@Bri369 wrote:

Just go for it!  I haven't worn an earring in my second piercing in a long time.  I like the look of a stud in the second piercing and a hoop in the first. 

 

If they don't use a gun, what do they use now? 


@Bri369, I don't know what they use.  I'm guessing it's still probably a gun but an updated version that doesn't look like what they used years ago.

 

Claire's uses what is called a no-touch piercing tool.  It almost looked like a wand from what I could tell in the video. 


Now I'm curious about this wand.  Is it a one-time use wand?

 

The last time I saw the gun from Claire's, it was plastic. 

 

Honored Contributor
Posts: 12,437
Registered: ‎04-18-2013

Re: I Think I want my Ears Pierced Again

My friend did it for me with the embroidery needle and the "numbing"ice cube, and I put my 14k gold studs in.  Took care of my earlobes and didn't get an infection.

 

The do-it-yourself way doesn't mean you'll end up with a botched job. 

 

It just might smart a little more.

 

Cat LOL

Highlighted
Respected Contributor
Posts: 4,089
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: I Think I want my Ears Pierced Again

I'm in my early 60's and just had new piercings a few months ago.  I have 5 holes in each ear.  

Valued Contributor
Posts: 816
Registered: ‎04-14-2018

Re: I Think I want my Ears Pierced Again

Went through this exact phase about 6 months ago.

 

I know it's not going to happen because my wrist and back pain remind me not to look for extra pain, lol.

Respected Contributor
Posts: 4,447
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: I Think I want my Ears Pierced Again

my ears are pierced 3 times   I love it!

I could do a 4th right below the cartilage.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 26,260
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: I Think I want my Ears Pierced Again


@Bri369 wrote:

@LipstickDiva wrote:

@Bri369 wrote:

Just go for it!  I haven't worn an earring in my second piercing in a long time.  I like the look of a stud in the second piercing and a hoop in the first. 

 

If they don't use a gun, what do they use now? 


@Bri369, I don't know what they use.  I'm guessing it's still probably a gun but an updated version that doesn't look like what they used years ago.

 

Claire's uses what is called a no-touch piercing tool.  It almost looked like a wand from what I could tell in the video. 


Now I'm curious about this wand.  Is it a one-time use wand?

 

The last time I saw the gun from Claire's, it was plastic. 

 


@Bri369I can't find a good picture of it.  But I'm going today to have it done so I'll let you know.  LOL