Trusted Contributor

Re: I Love (and Dread) Shopping For…

@wilma  Thank you, but it's probably more dumb luck than talent!  😉  I've had a few bombs happen, believe me.  I have to say that it's easier to buy for women than men.  I can ALWAYS find something nice for a women, and it doesn't have to be extravagant. 

You know, some of the best gifts given (or received!) are those little spur of the moment items, like a few pieces of gourmet chocolates for someone having a bad day, or sending a funny greeting card in the mail.  I think those little things that make someone smile are the best to give.  

Honored Contributor

@Trinity11 If you do like a dress/gown with some glitz there are so many choices available. I just had some fun looking😊

"This isn't a Wednesday night, this is New Year's Eve"
Respected Contributor

Good morning @wilma 

Definitely "shoes" are #1.  Probably bags/wallets are #2.  Then #3, tops/jeans.

Can't think of anything I dread shopping for.  Other than "sticker-shock" prices, I don't usually mind shopping for necessities or errands.  Before retiring, I use to put some things off until the weekend because I didn't want to bother after work. 

Honored Contributor

I love shopping for tops, so easy to get a reasonably proper fit.  I hate shopping for jeans, it seems I have fat knees.  Never had this problem before, I can't wait to get back into my traditional Lees.

Super Contributor

Our area has lost a lot of stores over the past couple of decades. So much industry is now in “another country” and so many people’s incomes have gone down considerably. Because of the economy many store Les have been driven out of business. Of course, Covid finished off a lot of businesses. Anyway, because of this I am having to shop online a lot more. That would not be so bad except that the quality of products keep going down. Availability of various products has also gone down and not just cleaning products. It seems like most things that I need are out of stock or when I receive an item the quality is so low that I have to send them back. Shopping as a whole has become a giant headache.