@ECBG Thank you for the suggestion!👍😊

~~~~All we need is LOVE💖 

Honored Contributor

Re: I Love (and Dread) Shopping For…

@SandySparkles 

Hope you had a safe enjoyable trip!Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

I dread pant shopping and shoe shopping....and while I love shoes, it's tough when one foot is about 1/2 size difference.  One shoe fits pretty good, the other slips.

Today I got a pair from Zappos...only because they have free returns...one shoe squeaks!   I'll see if I can 'fit' it before sending back.  I almost never buy shoes on line but the price was great and free shipping won me over.

Esteemed Contributor

@ECBG I think you are referencing my Jun/July trip to CR? if so, it was WONDERFUL!!😊 Thank you for asking.🥰

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

I like to shop for clothing that can go from the office to casual outings.  I like separates that I can dress up a bit or not, and they look nice either way.  I can't rember the last time I wore a dress.  It must have been at my son's wedding back in 2007! Yikes!

I do have to admit to buying too many pairs of shoes.  But shoes can change the whole look of an outfit, so that's how I justify my bad behavior!  

I think what I truly enjoy most is shopping for other people.  Finding the perfect gift for the recipient is so much fun, and a challenge sometimes.  I like finding something that they will enjoy, suits their lifestyle, and something they might not purchase for themself.  😀

P.S., I do NOT like shopping for bathing suits!  😫

Honored Contributor

1. I hate shopping for shoes and boots.  I don't shop in stores or malls for them, I know there's nothing there for me.  I shop online and it takes a long time.  I wear a D width which almost no one sells anymore.  Wide is either a C or its an E.  Boots are hard because I have thick calves and thick ankles.  Most wide calf boots come with average width ankles.  I did have great luck with a British company but sadly, they went out of business last year.  
Honored Contributor

I'm a tough fit for coats and blazers. Need a larger size for my shoulders, so no petites, but the sleeves are too long and the body of the item needs to be tailored to fit.

If I find a jacket/blazer that does fit, I usually purchase more than one if it comes in other colors. 

Bras aren't much fun, either....Oh and bathing suits!!

Respected Contributor

@wilma   I dread shopping for bras.  Between all the different manufacturers, then they all have different styles, the sizes don't always jive.  Padded, push up, underwire, color, fabric.....I end up going into the dressing room with so many, I exceed the limit and the clerk sets the rest aside for me to try on.  And then I'm lucky if I find one that fits just right.....like Goldilocks.  And that's not even looking at the price tag.  👙

I like buying jeans.  I know what I like and what looks good on me.  I only have to try on a few to get a good fit.  👖

I would give everything I own just to have you back again.......David Gates of Bread
Honored Contributor

I hate shopping for evening gowns and cocktail dresses, and then shoes to go with them-- which are always very uncomfortable 😣. What a p.i.t.a.!

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Trusted Contributor

@SloopJohnB wrote:

@wilma   I dread shopping for bras.  Between all the different manufacturers, then they all have different styles, the sizes don't always jive.  Padded, push up, underwire, color, fabric.....I end up going into the dressing room with so many, I exceed the limit and the clerk sets the rest aside for me to try on.  And then I'm lucky if I find one that fits just right.....like Goldilocks.  And that's not even looking at the price tag.  👙

I like buying jeans.  I know what I like and what looks good on me.  I only have to try on a few to get a good fit.  👖

@SloopJohnBOMG, we could be shopping twins!  Bra shopping is a nightmare for me, I'm lucky to find one that fits right after trying on twenty or more.  With jeans I can almost hold them up, look at them and know if they'll fit and look good on me.