Respected Contributor

Re: I Just Don't Get Jumpsuits

I have only one jumpsuit.  It's a striped linen...very comfortable and I like it a lot.

However...the thought of losing my "grip" on it and having it puddle onto a public bathroom floor grosses me out.  I only wear it at home or when visiting a friend's or relative's home!

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I "get" them because they are figure flattering on some ladies.  I owned a few back in my younger days.... that is, until convenience got more important than style to me.  These days, I don't care how cute they are, I won't wear one.

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

@Foxxee 

In your own home, or friend/relative's home - they aren't that bad.  Inconvenient?  Yes. Totally bad?  No.

What is absolutely awful if you are out somewhere and have to use a public restroom.  No matter how clean - you don't want your clothes falling on the floor or in the pot whle in the stall. 

Honored Contributor

@rms1954 wrote:

Not me.  Haven't purchased a one.  I sewed myself one when was 16 and wore it for my brother's graduation party. Left that fashion statement back where it belongs, in the year 1970.

@rms1954 I also made one for myself for high school graduation parties back in 1972!  

Mine was a backless halter style so when you went to the bathroom e.v.e.r.y.t.h.i.n.g. was hanging out!

Honored Contributor

I have a friend who often wears jumpsuits.  She is tall, slim and longwaisted.  They look great on her.  

Valued Contributor

I agree with the restroom issue. I owned one in the 80s, wore it once and although it was very easy to get into and out of, going into a public restroom was an oh phooey, I didn’t think that through moment. I think they can look great. Big bell sleeves look great until you need to eat. Many clothes look wonderful until you have to actually do something.

Esteemed Contributor

To me, they rarely look good from the back.  I'll pass.

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Esteemed Contributor

@TChristian  I have only had one jumpsuit and it looked really good on me, until I had to use the bathroom.  End of jumpsuit for me.  Nothing should be that annoying in clothing.

The next time that I hear salt and ice together, it better be in a margarita!
Respected Contributor

I had one back in the day. Went to a small theater and used very small restroom. I was wearing shoulder pads. When I took the top down the pads popped up and landed on the floor. So much for jumpsuits.