Occasional Contributor

Would someone please explain to me the popularity of jumpsuits?  Don't you have to take the entire thing off when nature calls? Who would want to go through all of that trouble?

Honored Contributor

Re: I Just Don't Get Jumpsuits

[ Edited ]

Not me.  Haven't purchased a one.  I sewed myself one when was 16 and wore it for my brother's graduation party. Left that fashion statement back where it belongs, in the year 1970.

Esteemed Contributor

I actually usually really like the look...on other people. I look absolutely horrible in them - and yet I still think the next one will look better. It never does on me.

I agree about the bathroom issue, but in reality, the ones I’ve tried on were very easy to take off. But, I had a friend that wore a more structured one on an airplane for a six+ hour flight - now, that even I thought was crazy! But, she was going with a larger group and was more worried about how she looked than practicality.
Honored Contributor

@TChristian I think it's a top/pants look but your shirt won't pull out.  I guess it's good if you're bending over to pick up a child.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I wore and made some in the 70's but they were a pain at potty time.

Also, never wear a wide-legged jumpsuit (or probably anything wide-legged) when bowling... Woman Embarassed

Denise
Honored Contributor

I don't know why inconvenient clothing becomes popular. Probably, because the fashion industry tells us we must have it or we look outdated.  Why are women wearing 4 and 5 inch heels?

Wore a heavy red and black buffalo plaid flannel onesie, jumpsuit without a belt, in the evenings at home.  

All I did was unbutton the buttons pull the whole thing down.  It was huge, one size fits all, easier to get in and out of.  A bit inconvenient slipping my arms out of the sleeves, but kept me warm.

It's bad enough having to pull pants down when nature calls.  Who wants to get practically undressed in a restroom wearing a jumpsuit?  Not me.   

Super Contributor

I love jumpsuit. I just bought a Laurie Felt on and it is super cute. I probably own about 8. Going to the bathroom is not that big of a deal. It's not like you have to step out of the whole jumpsuit.
Honored Contributor

@erica g wrote:
I love jumpsuit. I just bought a Laurie Felt on and it is super cute. I probably own about 8. Going to the bathroom is not that big of a deal. It's not like you have to step out of the whole jumpsuit.

@erica g 

Exactly. It's all in the individual's perception. I don't find them to be a hassle.

elastic waist pull on pants on the other hand I find to be a pain. Not so much a comfy, loose, palazzo but something tight fitting that you have to wiggle/struggle to get over your hips?! Give me a zipper so I can get in and out of them easily.

Respected Contributor

I have a pattern for one that is really cute.Ive made several out of different fabrics with the same pattern, and always get compliments.

Not a problem in the restroom, I’ve gotten so I can maneuver easily and quickly. 
It is really my favorite thing in my summer wardrobe. 
Fun to wear, to just about anywhere! 😊

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@TChristian  I have had many jumpsuits over the years  and find them very comfortable with no issues going to the bathroom. Gives a nice smooth look without having to keep retucking top in all day creating a messy look.   Easier than retucking tops and rearranging your clothing after using the restroom!  Pull jumpsuit dow and slide top of it between legs or front - no problem at all!   Pull up button or zip top of it and easy with no readjusting your clothing.  More complex to have to take a blazer off or deal with flowing and ruffled sleeves on tops!