Honored Contributor

I Just Bought 5 Winter 🧥🧥🧥🧥🧥

I wanted to mention this, in case anyone else is in a similar situation. Cat Happy

The school at where I work is high need, and our music department selects one especially needy family for the holidays.  They try to get food/household donations, gift cards, and a toy or clothing item for each person in the household.  Last year there were two girls (one elementary school aged and one in high school) who had requested coats.  Unfortunately, they don't give a lot of time for turnaround, to purchase the items and bring them back to school, so I headed to the mall.  I found what I was looking for at JCP, and although there were sales, I still spent over $250 on two coats and gloves/hats.Cat Surprised

This year, the family has five people (out of six) who requested coats.  I know that many people won't sign up for these, because they're one of the more expensive items on the list.  I didn't want to get a coat for one child and not the others, but I also need to be able to afford gifts for my own family.  I started online at JCP, but they don't have what I would buy in store and they won't arrive in time.  I then checked out Kohl's, but even with coupons it was more than I wanted to pay to outfit five people.  Then I checked out Target, and they have clothing 30% off until tomorrow.  I was able to pick up five warm coats (Champion and some Target house brands) for a five year old, an 8 year old, two teens and the mother for a bit over $200.

In case you are also looking for coats or clothing for yourself or for charity, check it out.  So far they have the best prices of what I have seen around the web.

Here is one of the Champion 3-in-1 coats-

Boys' 3-in-1 System Jacket - C9 Champion® - image 1 of 4

For the teens/mom-

A New Day

Women's Puffer Jacket - Universal Thread™ - image 1 of 2

Champion-

Women's Snow Puffer Jacket - C9 Champion® - image 1 of 2

A New Day-

Women's Quilted Puffer Jacket - A New Day™ - image 1 of 2

Cat Happy

Honored Contributor

Re: I Just Bought 5 Winter 🧥🧥🧥🧥🧥

Love you @lolakimono for this kindness and i'm sure the teen will appreciate this jacket!

Esteemed Contributor

@lolakimono :  Another place that frequently has outerwear at great prices is Old Navy.

Valued Contributor

@lolakimono bless you for such generosity

Honored Contributor

@patbz wrote:

@lolakimono :  Another place that frequently has outerwear at great prices is Old Navy.

@patbz 

Thank you for that!  I see that they do have coats on sale too. Some puffers start at $20! Cat Happy

Honored Contributor

@lolakimono Did you know that most stores have a monthly amount they can give to the community.  All you have to do is grab the mgr, explain the project and ask if they can contribute.  I would imagine a lot of the time, the funds aren't requested for lack if knowledge.

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@lolakimono Did you know that most stores have a monthly amount they can give to the community.  All you have to do is grab the mgr, explain the project and ask if they can contribute.  I would imagine a lot of the time, the funds aren't requested for lack if knowledge.

@ECBG 

I did not know that!  Do you know what stores for sure participate?

Honored Contributor

@lolakimono wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

@ECBG 

I did not know that!  Do you know what stores for sure participate?

@lolakimono Keeping in mind I retired 10 years ago, Walmart did at that time.  Stores have gotten much more visible in the community now.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@lolakimono 

You are a super ⭐️ 🌟 💫 !

@lolakimono 

wanted to add:  Burlington Coat Factory was a winner for me, bought 3, with scarves & knit hats.  

"Animals are not my whole world, but they have made my world whole" ~ Roger Caras
Esteemed Contributor

@lolakimono 

You are a kind and generous soul. Your Target selections are perfect and I know the family is going to be so happy!

This afternoon I was at a local grocery and I noticed paper ornaments on a holiday tree. Upon further inspection a child's name was written on each ornament with items they would like for Christmas. I only read a few, but there was nothing over the top. I read hats, mittens, Vikings jersey, puzzles and books.

I am sure my husband and I will be running around tomorrow. Your post reminds me to stop at the grocery to pluck a few ornaments off the tree and brighten the holidays for a child in need.