Honored Contributor

Re: I JUST CANNOT WAIT TO WEAR.....

@ECBG wrote:

@Nonametoday 

No, although I can.  I don't enjoy food preservation at all.

In past years, getting canning supplies has been a "bear" as well.

@ECBG  I just was wondering what you are going to do with 10 bags of tomatoes before they go bad.  They only last a few days.  

Honored Contributor

@Nonametoday 

They were bought separately and used, not bought at once.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ECBG wrote:

@Nonametoday 

They were bought separately and used, not bought at once.

@ECBG 

My husband is related to a gentleman who owns a large tomato farm.  He truck farms them and has a big business where they are sold by family and friends.  We get tomatoes and I do can for the winter rather than buying canned ones.  It's not a big deal with a pressure cooker and those are so safe nowadays, unlike when my mother and grandmother canned around 100 jars per year.  I only do about a dozen.  I guess I am lazy.  LOL  I give a couple jars to a friend who gives me some fig preserves.  I cannot deal with figs as I am allergic to the raw ones but LOVE the preserved ones.  I cannot work with them or eat them until they are preserved.  I love them on buttered biscuits or toast.

Honored Contributor

@Nonametoday wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

@Nonametoday 

No, although I can.  I don't enjoy food preservation at all.

In past years, getting canning supplies has been a "bear" as well.

@ECBG  I just was wondering what you are going to do with 10 bags of tomatoes before they go bad.  They only last a few days.  

you can freeze them , when we had a veg garden

I would skin them, then freeze for later

now I just buy Rao's sauce,

Respected Contributor

I'm with OP, jean jackets. I have many in my wardrobe to choose from. Here in central Maryland I never know what the weather will be for fall and winter. Last winter I only had to wear the heavy coat a few times, every other day it was my Isaac hoodie coat because it was pretty mild with not a lot of snow. Fall is usually warm-mild and we don't see cooler temps until around Thanksgiving.