Respected Contributor

Re: I Had to Give Up on Graver tops......

On 4/2/2015 Krimpette said:

Whezy: Can you repost your OP? I keep getting a turquoise QVC bar that blocks out a third of your original post. Thanks.

Me too! What the heck is up with that? It did go away once I signed in. Another quality change brought to you by QVC. LOL.

Honored Contributor

While I don't have the sleeve issues you have, I find the SG line (as MANY others on Q) to be totally inconsistent in sizing! Sometimes I would be an XS in her line...sometimes an XXS. You just NEVER know till you try! Those days of trying are gone.

I agree with you...I will NOT lose that much money just for the thrill of trying something on that may or may NOT fit. May or may NOT look as good on me as it did the models!

Since the shipping policy changed...I have ordered ZERO new clothing items and ZERO new products. QVC has a proven record of inconsistent sizing and I won't pay a fee for that.

They also OBVIOUSLY raised their prices on EVERY item to accommodate the lower shipping. That is no bargain to me.

Honored Contributor

Her tops are too ""billowy"" for me.

Honored Contributor

I gave up shopping SG years ago, due to the weight of the liquid knit, that stuff is just plain heavy. IMO. And I agree with RespectLife regarding the new S&H policy, not worth the price to "try on" anymore plus the base price increase across the board to make up for reducing their S&H. That was just a big joke, again, IMO.

"To each their own, in all things".
Super Contributor

I just love liquid knit - have issues with cat fur (breed and exhibit Himalayan Persian cats) and this is the only fabric I can wear in dark colors since the fur slides right off. My upper arms tend to be on the ""fluffy"" side and I've never had a problem with her sleeves.

Respected Contributor

I agree on the inconsistent construction issues. That is what you get with "production" driven sewing: turn em out as fast as you can with a generous margin for error. See this so much in clothing. The new shipping policy just does not work with this either. But, remember all the threads about changing the shipping? ?........
If my dog doesn't like you, neither do I.
Honored Contributor

I never have enough room for my arms in SG fashions unless I order a size up...then most of the time the rest of the garment is way too big...

Makes me feel like my arms are in sausage casings...same with Liz Claiborne

I never have that issue with D&Co or QF...go figure

Honored Contributor

Rather than shipping them back separately why not combine them into one package? I do this all the time and have done so for many years with never a problem.

There have been times where I've shipped 4 or more orders into one bag or box. Just be sure to have the invoices in the bag with each item by order. It saves a lot doing it that way!

Respected Contributor

Some things work for our bodies, somethings don't. SG isn't the only clothing vendor on QVC, find the ones that work for you and stick with them. That's what I do, I buy only from the 4 or 5 clothing vendors that I know will work for me. It really isn't SG's fault if you have larger arms.

Respected Contributor

On 4/2/2015 dfyre said:

I just love liquid knit - have issues with cat fur (breed and exhibit Himalayan Persian cats) and this is the only fabric I can wear in dark colors since the fur slides right off. My upper arms tend to be on the "fluffy" side and I've never had a problem with her sleeves.

Fluffy arms! Good heaven's that brings back funny but good memories. My daughter always loved sitting very close to my mother. If my mom was sitting in a chair, my daughter would squeeze herself into the chair. One day she did that and my mom suggested that she sit in her lap and my daughter said "no, I like it here", she wanted sit snuggled up to my mom because she said "you have nice fluffy arms, Nana".