Honored Contributor

Re: I Had to Give Up on Graver tops......

Nope, no sleeve issues. I think giving up on them is a wise choice for you. The only other option would be to alter them yourself or have them altered for you and either way you are losing time and/or money on top of the original price. I would only do that for an item I tried in person, really loved, and knew could be altered to fit me.

Esteemed Contributor

On 4/2/2015 brii said:

Her tops are too "billowy" for me.

ITA. I keep hoping she'll get off the big billowy tops, but I've been waiting a couple of years. I don't wear florals and particularly billowy florals.

Super Contributor

On 4/1/2015 whezy said:

I have immense trouble with her 3/4 and long sleeves. They are always tight and cut to close under the arm. I can wear some short sleeve or the elbow sleeve in a stretch fabric but wovens, I give up. I love her polka dot tops but they have cost me nearly $20 in S&H this week for two I ordered and could not wear. If I size up for the arms, the top is too large every where else. At a minimum ship and return of $9.95 each item, I can't afford to try too many things. Does anyone else have this problem with her sleeve? I order my regular size in QF and it always fits.....she just cuts close I guess. No more graver at this S&H policies. You can't afford to try it.......cute or not...I will let it go.

Boy do I agree on that. The S&H policies are really a turn off. I'd rather drive to a mall. Did I really write that? Yes! I did!

I came to this forum to start a new thread, but saw your post so am just adding to it. I am 5'10 or so, the height being in my torso (I guess it's called long-waisted) so can't wear any tops from the Land of Qz. But I came here to say that I really like the SG styles and colors. I'd have a LOT of SG clothing in my closet if the tops fit better. 3/4 sleeves always end up uncomfortably squished inside my elbow. The short sleeves show too much upper arm. The shirts are usually too short overall and never flow over the hips nicely for coverage. The bust of the garment is way to high, as is the waist of the garmet. A good 3 inches at the least.

I remember how Joan River's clothing fit her so well, and she was 5'1". Now, do they really expect those tops to look right on someone 5-8 inches taller?

But, I have to say I love her designs. Just wanted to say that. - Bird

Respected Contributor

On 4/1/2015 Goldengate8361 said: I've never had a problem with sleeves on Susan Graver tops.

Me either, but the price keeps creeping up. EVERY show it seems like an increase in $$.

Super Contributor

I don't have skinny arms at all and I have never had a problem.

Occasional Contributor

Too costly with shipping, inconsistent sizing, and too much polyester in her fabrics. You can do better at retail...IMO.
Respected Contributor

The prices are going up too much. Just lately she seems to be adding a lot of gawdy embellishments, which only adds to the cost & cheapens the garment.

Please stop with the beading/stones!!!

Honored Contributor

ITA with the OP!!!!

Yes, I too have issues with SG tops and I won't buy anymore! My arms ALWAYS feel like they are in sausage casings...same with Liz Claiborne tops. I have no issues with D&Co or Quacker Factory tops/jackets/sweaters.

I think SG and LC cater to those who wear smaller sizes. IF one is a plus size, there just isn't a fair amount of room for the arms in proportion to each of the larger sizes.

IT gets old fast having to pay for S&H to return things. Additionally, if I go up a size to have more room for my arms, then the rest of the garment I am swimming in...nuts! {#emotions_dlg.rolleyes}