Frequent Contributor

I Had to Give Up on Graver tops......

I have immense trouble with her 3/4 and long sleeves. They are always tight and cut to close under the arm. I can wear some short sleeve or the elbow sleeve in a stretch fabric but wovens, I give up. I love her polka dot tops but they have cost me nearly $20 in S&H this week for two I ordered and could not wear. If I size up for the arms, the top is too large every where else. At a minimum ship and return of $9.95 each item, I can't afford to try too many things. Does anyone else have this problem with her sleeve? I order my regular size in QF and it always fits.....she just cuts close I guess. No more graver at this S&H policies. You can't afford to try it.......cute or not...I will let it go.

Super Contributor

Re: I Had to Give Up on Graver tops......

There was one top several years ago where the sleeves were close fitting but not too snug or binding.

Other than that one item ... everything else is perfect.

Esteemed Contributor

I guess our differences are what makes life interesting. I have a lot of Susan's tops and coats, but I had to send back a lot due to inconsistent sizing and defects in order to get the ones I've kept. Her clothing is usually very well made, but perfect? Not from where I sit... {#emotions_dlg.blink}

ETA: I had a sleeve issue with her round neck polka dot top - two of them had the sleeves set in twisted. The replacements were fine. Two of her faux leather jackets that I have are great except the sleeves are about 2" too long, which hasn't happened with her other jackets or coats.

Esteemed Contributor

I've never had a problem with sleeves on Susan Graver tops.
Honored Contributor

Haven't had any sleeve issues.
Honored Contributor

I've had pretty good luck with the fit of SG tops and pants, but I have not bought any thing from that line in quite awhile.

Trusted Contributor

There really are differences in the cut and shape of various clothing lines, and not everything works well for everyone. It doesn't necessarily mean there's something "wrong" with the clothing, but just that you don't exactly match the shape the line was designed for. If you've had several problems with SG's fit, you're probably wise to look elsewhere for a cut that works well for you. It's frustrating and expensive to keep ordering and returning items that don't fit.

Respected Contributor

On 4/1/2015 GoodStuff said:

There really are differences in the cut and shape of various clothing lines, and not everything works well for everyone. It doesn't necessarily mean there's something "wrong" with the clothing, but just that you don't exactly match the shape the line was designed for. If you've had several problems with SG's fit, you're probably wise to look elsewhere for a cut that works well for you. It's frustrating and expensive to keep ordering and returning items that don't fit.

Good advice. It's too bad, in my case, that very few lines work. SG's is one that works for me on top only, in a smaller size than I would wear in brands outside of the Q. *shrugs*

Respected Contributor

I avoid her tops that are v-neck because they are cut too low if you don't have broad shoulders to take up the slack. I have found some of her items have tight sleeves - mostly things like camp shirts. Over the past 6 or 8 months I have had a problem with the chest area being snug. My body has not changed, the shirts have. I look at Jacquie, brunette Maria, Terry; and if the item does not fit them well, I just don't buy it no matter how much I may like it. I do agree that different lines may not be for your body type and best to stay with what works for you. In the case of SG, I can pretty much tell by how it looks on certain models if it will work for me.
Honored Contributor

Whezy: Can you repost your OP? I keep getting a turquoise QVC bar that blocks out a third of your original post. Thanks.