Esteemed Contributor

Re: I HATE CHRISTMAS IN JULY!

On 7/19/2014 twocent said:

Sorry you don't enjoy it. We all have different pasts, and mine is why I love Christmas and everything about it - anytime. Childhood Christmas was a nightmare -so I am making up for lost time !

I feel the same twocent, Christmas makes me happy! I have two small Christmas trees, battery operated that I keep on the month of July. I used to work in a shop that celebrated CIJ! She turned the AC down, served hot chocolate and cookies and sold Christmas items! It was a big success! Great memories!Smile

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West
Frequent Contributor

Christmas in July, of no interest to me. Garlands of lights, a fake Christmas tree. Tchotchkes, and trinkets, ornaments without end. "Gift" them to everyone... everyone is your friend The postman, the cleaner, your auto mechanic You've got this huge gift list. No reason to panic! Buy it today, decorate in November. "Now where did I put it?" Try and remember. For those who enjoy it, and watch every minute, I'll be the 1st to say this, have a very "Merry Christmas".

Esteemed Contributor

On 7/19/2014 chrystaltree said:

I'm not interested in Chistmas programming in the middle of July but it doesn't bother me. Other people like it and I don't watch much of Q on tv anyway. I just won't look watch anything at all today. Diane Gilman will be on H S N all day with her t s v. So, I won't miss the Q at all.

Lol, yes, DG will keep us busy!!Cool I will watch some of VPH and Lisa's Christmas show tomorrow night.

Don't cry for a man who's left you--the next one may fall for your smile.
-- Mae West
Honored Contributor

The only thing I mind about CIJ is when they flog items they have been selling heavily for 2-3 Christmases in a row, i.e. show the same old thing they've been showing, year after year. Of course they are doing that with some items, but to my pleased surprise I'm seeing new items as well - enough to hold my interest, at least. As others have said, this is an ideal time for people to buy decorations, so they are not having to spend that money at Christmas. Clearly, they allot this much air time to CIJ because they make trainloads of $$ doing it. If there weren't enough sales they would reduce the airtime, like they did for Rose of Tralee and Saint Patrick's Day. With all the bucks they are raking in this weekend, I doubt they are caring about any customer dissatisfaction.
Life without Mexican food is no life at all
Trusted Contributor

On 7/19/2014 emmiesmom said:
On 7/19/2014 twocent said:

Sorry you don't enjoy it. We all have different pasts, and mine is why I love Christmas and everything about it - anytime. Childhood Christmas was a nightmare -so I am making up for lost time !

I feel the same twocent, Christmas makes me happy! I have two small Christmas trees, battery operated that I keep on the month of July. I used to work in a shop that celebrated CIJ! She turned the AC down, served hot chocolate and cookies and sold Christmas items! It was a big success! Great memories!Smile

{#emotions_dlg.thumbup} Wonderful !!!!!!!

You'll find my heart at the Rainbow Bridge. Smiley Sad
Honored Contributor

On 7/19/2014 champagnepoodle said:
On 7/19/2014 jackthebear said:

they could show Christmas or Holiday style dressing....

Ah Ha! Now thats an idea! I don't care for all day anything. I believe in moderation in all things. Although I love fashion, I don't think it would be fair to others to program it all day.

not all day just during the AM Style time slot.

Valued Contributor

On 7/19/2014 seniorCTzn said:

Christmas in July, of no interest to me. Garlands of lights, a fake Christmas tree. Tchotchkes, and trinkets, ornaments without end. "Gift" them to everyone... everyone is your friend The postman, the cleaner, your auto mechanic You've got this huge gift list. No reason to panic! Buy it today, decorate in November. "Now where did I put it?" Try and remember. For those who enjoy it, and watch every minute, I'll be the 1st to say this, have a very "Merry Christmas".

Couldn't help but laugh when I read your post{#emotions_dlg.biggrin}

Super Contributor

On 7/19/2014 champagnepoodle said:

they could show Christmas or Holiday style dressing....

Ah Ha! Now thats an idea! I don't care for all day anything. I believe in moderation in all things. Although I love fashion, I don't think it would be fair to others to program it all day.

not all day just during the AM Style time slot.

I'm with ya, Bear!

Respected Contributor

Christmas in July doesn't bother me. But this year I'm not watching. I spent the day doing other things on Gem Day, and enjoyed it so much I haven't watched QVC since. I needed a break anyway, and I'm enjoying this one. I usually watch CIJ, and often order things that I keep on hand until December, but not this year. I'm passing,and I'll shop later. Somewhere!

Occasional Contributor

I am having a wonderful weekend! Please indulge me today and tomorrow. I've sat through Gem Day, Logo, SG, numerous iPad type devices and mattress galore. I do not have a family; so, the various holidays brings me joy with all the decorations. So.... Happy Christmas in July to you and thank you. ??