Respected Contributor

So I have an evening wedding to attend in October. I don’t wear pantyhose anymore so as the weather turns cooler I thought it may be a little chilly for bare legs. I was channel flipping the other week and Jill Martin was on with a GILI jetsetter jumpsuit and I’m thinking Ok, you are long legged and long waisted and have never been able to wear a jumpsuit and at 5’11”, this thing is going to be like an ankle pant on me. Well I got it today and omg I love it! Long enough in the waist, and really long in the legs. It’s heavier weight than I usually wear, but will be perfect for an October evening. I got the small and it fits like a dream. It’s long enough to wear heels with it but I’m thinking maybe a dressy flat sandle but I dunno for an evening wedding.  For you super tall chicks, it’s just great but for the average size woman, I would recommend the petite because this jumpsuits is unusually long. 

Honored Contributor

@bmorechick   Jumpsuit sounds like a great idea.  Perhaps you can get a more dressy strappy wedge but a low wedge.  If you can't find anything, go with a strappy flat -- you will definitely be comfortable.  It seems that anything goes today unless the invite said black tie.

kindness is strength
Respected Contributor

Re: I Got it and I Like It

[ Edited ]

Yes katcat I agree with the dressy low wedge or dressy flat sandle for comfort! You are right, anything goes. Thanks!

Honored Contributor

I loved wearing jumpsuits when they were popular back in the 1970's! I remember hating the ordeal with bathroom visits though. Enjoy your revival of an awesome look!

"Pure Michigan"
Honored Contributor
Sounds nice! Thx for letting us know. At 5’9”, I think I will check it out.
Super Contributor

My husband, the Neanderthal, always comments when he sees women on TV are "not wearing pantyhose."  I have repeatedly told him that pantyhose have been abolished by most free-thinking, intelligent women because they are not only expensive, don't last, but are incredibly uncomfortable.  He does not believe this.  Whatever.  If men tried on a pair of pantyhose, I am sure they would agree they should be abolished forever.  

Respected Contributor

remember when joe namath revealed that he wore panyhose under his uniform for warmth?