Regular Contributor

I Found Great Face Masks at the Q

They are made by Cuddl Duds! I know, who would have thought. I have been buying all kinds of masks and from everywhere. only two did I like the comfort factor. I saw one day the Q was selling this set of three masks. One you get animal print, a solid black and a gray. The other is a blue design, a navy and a black. I bought the animal set first to try. Well I loved them so I ordered three more sets. Two blue and one more animal. They are made of a comfy soft material and the ear strings are adjustable which I need because I have a very small face. They work!!!! So I wanted to give you all a chance to check them out. There is also a green stripe set. I passed on that one. You may like it. Goonight!

Honored Contributor

Re: I Found Great Face Masks at the Q

Handy hint re wearing a mask.

After eating nachos for lunch - brush your teeth or use mouthwash before putting on your mask and going shopping.  

Trusted Contributor

I've started wearing 2 masks and gotten away from the cute masks. I wear kn97 now. I might put a cuter in over it but I decided to wear 3-5 layer masks when I'm out now. And at the gym.
Esteemed Contributor

Most of the masks being made are only 2 layers which is not enough protection.

With all the hype of "double masking" now be sure to wear another one with it.

Honored Contributor

Test your mask with a candle.

Light the candle and blow (while mask is on). if the flame goes out toss the mask.

I just purchased the KN95s myself

Honored Contributor

I threw away all of my 'fashion' masks which I haven't worn since I got covid back in April. Since then I've worn KN95s exclusively because I'm not going to take risks. 

Honored Contributor

@White Picket Fence   Check out Evolve Together masks which are made like medical masks and come in black or white and maybe one color.  I have the black.  They also donate masks to the less fortunate.

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

@LindaSal wrote:

Most of the masks being made are only 2 layers which is not enough protection.

With all the hype of "double masking" now be sure to wear another one with it.

I just noticed that, Q masks are only 2 layers, when 3 layers is the minimum.  

I have a problem that my masks ride up and scratch my eyes. blind me.  I am currently using the disposable surgical ones, 3 layers, but I used to use fabric, 2 layers.  Same problem with all.

The TSV claims it does not ride up, but unbelievably they are 2 ply and do not meet minimum specs.  I have a million of the surgical disposable 3-ply ones, and don't feel like spending in something insufficient, when they are now recommending 2 masks.

I am OK with wearing 1 mask (3-ply) since I already had the virus and my immune system fought it off on my own, with just some tylenol for the worst fevers, which the medical experts state is a good sign of some immunity.

If anyone has a recommendation of a 3 ply plus mask that won't ride up into m eyes, I would buy that.  Don't really like the KN-95 ones.  I like black ones, which my disposable surgical ones are.

So recommendations, please!

Respected Contributor

I wear my fashion masks outdoors (since you don't need as much protection outside).  And indoors, I wear either the medical masks or double masks (a disposible mask and a fashion mask over it).  For double masking, I find the 2 ply one works well. Three ply makes it hard to breath.

Esteemed Contributor

There is a great update on masks on the Wall Street Journal.

Cloth 2-layer masks like the TSV are insufficient for protection.

But they said a cloth mask OVER a surgical mask may be sufficient.

https://www.wsj.com/articles/double-face-masks-n95-protect-yourself-against-new-covid-19-variants-wi...