Honored Contributor

$Re: I, For One Will Not Be Doing A Capsule Wardrobe!

@Trinity11 I found your post very interesting,  thank you.

You are always welcome to ask me any questions.   As a former high school teacher, I am more than happy to answer any questions. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Re: I, For One Will Not Be Doing A Capsule Wardrobe!

[ Edited ]

@KaySD wrote:

@ECBG 

Oh, what an interesting pursuit! Did you teach in a related field, or is this a true second act?

You of all people probably get why I find selecting the capsules creative and satisfying. Indeed, putting them together is almost all of the fun. Wearing them--well, I gotta wear something, but meh.  

@KaySD SO sorry!  For some reason I didn't answer your question.  I apologize.

My degrees were in Home Economics which today is called "Family And Consumer Sciences".  WE were the teachers who's courses fed into the vocational schools for career training.  Many master chefs started in our classes. 

I took all of the creative courses like Design, and Interior Design.  I have worked with color since about age 6 where I was making displays under my grandmother's drop leaf dinning room table.  

I saw and explored color from a very young age.  Ethan Allen Galleries (here) wanted me when I retired from teaching, but they couldn't fulfill many of my needs, with so few few customers.  I'm too social!Smiley Happy

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@KaySD wrote:

@ECBG 

Oh, what an interesting pursuit! Did you teach in a related field, or is this a true second act?

You of all people probably get why I find selecting the capsules creative and satisfying. Indeed, putting them together is almost all of the fun. Wearing them--well, I gotta wear something, but meh.  

@KaySD SO sorry!  For some reason I didn't answer your question.  I apologize.

My degrees were in Home Economics which today is called "Family And Consumer Sciences".  WE were the teachers who's courses fed into the vocational schools for career training.  Many master chefs started in our classes. 

I took all of the creative courses like Design, and Interior Design.  I have worked with color since about age 6 where I was making displays under my grandmother's drop leaf dinning room table.  

I saw and explored color from a very young age.  Ethan Allen Galleries (here) wanted me when I retired from teaching, but they couldn't fulfill many of my needs, with so few few customers.  I'm too social!Smiley Happy

@ECBG 

Love the mental image of you under that table!

I think one could study color for a lifetime and never get to the end of the nuances, formulas, effects of light, associations, physiology, therapeutics, psychological effects, sociology, etc. 

Respected Contributor

Spent my 46 year nursing career in uniforms. Now that I've left the North and have retired in Florida, I'm able to indulge in all the colors I love. And I love summer clothes which I get to wear year round. I have never been a woman who wears much black- it makes me look dead. Navy is a good color for me though. So my wardrobe has a few neutrals and tons of color. Definitely not a capsule. 

Harmonize the World
Regular Contributor

I have capusle wardrobes for cruising/travel.  When we did a 15 day cruise from Los Angeles to Hawaii with a lot of sea days my main colors were black, tan, navy, red.   I was able to mix/match tops, pants, dresses, and toppers so I wasn't dressed in the same 5 outfits.  My dresses are usually sleeveless and I can pop a top over it to look like a skirt.  I can dress outfits up or down.  

I have a few pairs of Women in Control reversible pants.  I love these for travel as 1 side is solid and the other a pattern.  I recently bought a LOGO reversible dress to add to my cruise/travel collection.   When travels take me from place to place I like fabric that can be hand washed and hung to dry overnight.  Keeping items in the same color palette keep things simple.  I prefer darker colors since they hide spills, etc.  

My regular wardrobe is colorful as I live in southwest FL.