Respected Contributor

Re: I, For One Will Not Be Doing A Capsule Wardrobe!

@proudlyfromNJ 

BAHAHAHAHA!  And I do have close family members in the military!💕

As an everyday civilian, I prefer to express myself with my own style.  What if the uniform they pick does not flatter my particular figure or the color is wrong for my coloring and I appear to be "green"???🤣🤣🤣🤣

“I heard the sound I had to follow”
In Your Wildest Dreams by Justin Hayward
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

I, for one, LOVE the idea of a more minimal wardrobe, no changing out winter/summer  hangers, and I don't go to an office anymore, and go out needing upscale clothing very rarely...

Thinking about it,  I have been buying clothes, it's true I only wear 20% repeatedly-  

This is a new goal for me!!  'Capsule' or 'minimal', whatever you wanna call it!  I like it!! 

Honored Contributor

I guess this is why I don't follow "influencers."  I just buy what I like at any given moment.  Who really cares but me?

Esteemed Contributor

I guess I'm somewhere in between.  My wardrobe  consists of the basic colors (navy, brown black, cream, white) with a few patterns and a few other colors thrown in.  I'm not a big color person.  I also have over 25 options.

Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit, but Wisdom is knowing not to put it in a fruit salad.
- Author Unknown
Honored Contributor

@DiAnne wrote: ....... but because it was work expense tax deductible.  

I clean the house in Stan Herman loungewear.  House work = can I deduct my outfits🤔?

Honored Contributor

@KaySD @ECBG I love EA!  Things are well made, last long and are sort of like Garanimals--they go together and also they aren't gigantic!!!!  

Honored Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

Quite a few of the bloggers I follow have been recently speaking about the virtues of a capsule wardrobe. 

Twenty to twenty-five pieces may save you a ton of money and be "oh SO wonderful" but I won't be going down that path (and support you if you do).

Personally, I would die of boredom.  There is no way I could stand to be in less than five colors and the rest neutrals, not to mention that I would feel I was wearing the same thing all the time, mixing and matching in that group only, washing those pieces every three days, or I wouldn't have as many choices.  

I have always loved to put color and things together since I was 6 or 7.  I was already refusing to wear and pushing away colors that an olive complexion can't wear (or live in).

My choice is color.  I extend good wishes to the "Capsule People".  Please be happy.

I find your response interesting @ECBG  because in a sense I see you as having a capsule wardrobe and the silhouette of your clothing (on this website photos) all are similar. Jacket (usually a dark color such as navy or black), blouse or top (usually belted) and another layer, either a jacket or shirt. Additional jewelry and often a scarf, you appear to dress in the same basic style. I have yet to see a photo of you in a dress or skirt and your color choices are basic black and navy with a splash of color. Color choices are consistent.

Just my "take" on your style and not meant as a criticism rather as a critique on what I see in your photos in the Wardrobe thread.Smiley Happy

Valued Contributor

Linda Dano was mentioned and I remember buying her tank shirts from QVC years ago. They were color blocked with different colors so you could wear the same shirt with different looks. So I would wear these all the time whenI was teaching.  A Linda Dano shirt, or some other blouse, slacks in a neutral color, and a blazer. It made getting ready for work so easy.  I still have a small, simple but versatile wardrobe.

I found that I applied that formula for cooking supper for my family. Meat, starch, and a vegetable. LOL!  Capsule cooking.

Honored Contributor

@Trinity11

@aroc3435 welcome in,

@Caligurll   welcome in,

Thank you for your question.  I do have several dresses from where I work and quite a few skirts since being long waisted skirts and tops work better (I have 2 pretty skirts that didn't get hemmed since I hate to use (and don't own) a surger.

Unfortunately, I haven't worked as much as many others have not because of the virus.  Pants have just been "easy" and because of the rain the best choice since I prefer tea length or maxi.  I have several denim skirts yet to wear that I plan on wearing Friday.

I LOVE scarves and have a new, beautiful Eileen Fisher scarf in one of my most loved colors fushia!  Right now in the upper 80's to mid 90's it's just too hot.

As you know, ladies, the Outfit Of The Day thread is back at least to 2017.  All of our past outfits are on there, and I wore a lot of long items.  I just haven't felt the "joy" this year.  When you have time you might enjoy the thread as a look book.

These are some of my "favs".  There is a black and white chevron stripe maxi skirt I can't find the pic of, sorry.

DSCN0850.JPGP7120066.JPG

DSCN0885.JPG

Honored Contributor

@ECBG, I follow a YouTuber who speaks to the dilemma of what our "fantasy" wardrobe is and how different it ends up being than what we actually wear. Her name is Patricia and she goes by the name "A Small Wardrobe." She frequently declutters her wardrobe and discusses how often we present to the world a different image than what we think we do. If we wore something two or three years ago, we would still be wearing it today if it fit our lifestyle. If you are wearing mostly pants in neutral colors now, then your style has evolved over the years and you can build on that. That is why I thought you had a capsule wardrobe and are able to build on a few basics that end up giving you a similar silhouette.