Super Contributor

Designers may know what sells but obviously not what looks good on all sizes - all you have to do is look at some of their so-called designs to see that. 

Honored Contributor

@rms1954 @They put ALL the models in clothes that are 1-2 sizes too small for them. And usually the hosts, too. They really aren’t picking on the plus sizes; they simply don’t know how to dress anyone correctly. 

Honored Contributor

I read on here awhile ago that stylist Angelo (think that’s his name) said he dresses models in tighter clothing as it makes them look thinner. LOL.

Super Contributor

@highmaintenancejan wrote:

How can a customer figure out what size to order when Jane T. insists she is wearing a size SMALL when you can clearly see she is 3 sizes bigger than Laurie Felt? and then Shawn says she is wearing an XSmall and Laurie Felt says she is in an Xsmall and Shawn is 2 times bigger than Laurie Felt??? 

IT MAKES no sense and does a real disservice to the customer!!!

I agree, Jane was wearing the Laurie Felt seater in an extra small, she belted it and it was wide open, she looked ridiculous.  I didn't buy the jeans because I couldn't figure out what size to get since it looked so tight on all the models.  Laurie Felt was the only one the jeans looked good on

Trusted Contributor

@highmaintenancejan I don't get it either.  Jane T yesterday said she was wearing a size 8 in the jeans and then a few seconds later said she was a "large" lady.  So does this mean size 8 is now large?  The sizing is driving me nuts and am sending yet another pair of D&C jeans back because silly me went by the sizing on the chart and what I received based on that is too big.  And, look at the sizing chart for today's TSV.  Wow, going by those measurments I would need 2 or 3 sizes above my usual.  Not that I was going to order it lol. overpriced IMO.

Valued Contributor

I have a small in the LF jeans and they are tight on me.  My hips are 2 sizes smaller than Jane T. for SURE!!!  Why do they lie?  Leah Williams and Mary Beth Roe are the only truthful ones!!!

Super Contributor

I agree that sometimes the plus sized models are wearing tops that are too small, and yesterday I did notice that on Jane as well.  I do not believe they are lying about the size they are wearing. I disagree that the jeans are too tight, and I thought that Laurie's TSV looked flattering on almost everyone. The way they looked on Shawn inspired me to give them a try, as she and I are generally the same size.

“…nevertheless, she persisted.”
Respected Contributor

I always find these threads frustrating, because I think people co-mingle a lot of different issues in them. 1) You can't tell what size someone is by seeing her/him on TV. You just can't. Nor can you say with certainty that "so-and-so is much bigger than I am" or whatever. 2) Sometimes the people on the Q wear clothing that does't fit them well. That is true. 3) Someone can be wearing a size that you think is too small for her (it may or may not be) and still state honestly the size she is wearing. 4) People with very different body types (who, therefore, may look a lot different in size) can wear the same size. 5) People have personal likes and dislikes as to how their clothing fits. Some people purposely choose very long pants that others would say are too long, or jeans that others might say are too tight, or wear items styled in a way is not our preference. Some of this is just personal choice and style; you might not like it, but you are free to wear things in a way that suits you.

Contributor

I agree.... I think Shawn is on the smaller side, but sometimes she looks like her shirts are too tight.... I think even I.M. said something to her once on going up a size on a shirt/jacket she had on.  And... I love Jane T., but I'm sitting at home looking at her and I don't understand how she wears a small either.  What even makes me more mad, and I have voiced this several times, because I get tired of sending things back, ,when the hosts do not go around and ask the models what size they are in and if it's their normal QVC size!!

Contributor

I saw that....just wear what looks like it fits and tell us your size please.