Honored Contributor

Re: I Definitely Had a Pair of These...

Ahh the 80s....it was the worst of times it was the best of times.. literally! LOL and yes I had those jeans and a couple pairs of Z Cavariccis which I loved.

I'm pretty sure the matching denim to the photograph was from Contempo but now that I really think about it I'm pretty sure they were shorts?!

With the advances in textiles I have to say that the high waisted stuff is much more comfortable now than it was then!

“Rap is to music as etch-a-sketch is to art”

Esteemed Contributor

@lolakimono 

I cannot ever remember seeing jeans like that, but I do like them.  Of course, it's altogether possible that I've forgotten Cat LOL

Hmmmm, looking at them seriously, but I doubt I'd feel comfy with a tucked in tee shirt. 

After seeing "Top Gun" I bought a huge supply of pure white tee shirts and wore them with jeans for several summers.   I still love that look, and it's perfect with this jean.

Anyone buying?

Honored Contributor

My waist already "folds over" before I put my jeans on, so not the style for me, but I LOVED the look on gals who wore it.

Esteemed Contributor

@violann wrote:

My waist already "folds over" before I put my jeans on, so not the style for me, but I LOVED the look on gals who wore it.

Thank you @violann . First laugh of the day! 😄😄😄

Honored Contributor

I don't need the extra fabric at my waist, even back then before I became a plus.

Esteemed Contributor

Yes!  I loved the acid wash and paperbag waistbands.  Never had a pair with the fold-over, like these.  But I like them.   Are they coming back?  The 80's was not my favorite decade, but I kind of liked the jeans and the shoulder pads.  

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

never had a style like these and never really cared for really light washes of jeans.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein