Respected Contributor

I can't imagine ever being in such an altered state that I would wear sequins, velvet or velour. Silk, yes. None the less, I'll be wearing the same things I always wear around the holidays. Golf attire, shorts and tee shirts for Thanksgiving. Cashmere sweaters and jeans or leggings for Christmas. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Honored Contributor

@ALRATIBA wrote:

Even in NYC - distance / masks / etc.  - I've been out to eat, church, meetings.

Nothing fancy - but no casual / comfy clothing situations.  

@ALRATIBA 

i have also, but nowhere that requires sequins, velour, velvet, silk as a staple. i am going out or entertaining in in "casual chic."  a little bling i can do. i dont want to worry about spiliing turkey juices or butter or  cranberry sauce while i am cooking.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Honored Contributor

it hit 78 degrees here in the baltimore area today. i am sleeping with my windows open the past few nights. if we dont get a break in the weather we will all be in swimsuits and coverups for the holidays. LOL

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Trusted Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

it hit 78 degrees here in the baltimore area today. i am sleeping with my windows open the past few nights. if we dont get a break in the weather we will all be in swimsuits and coverups for the holidays. LOL

75 here today. I got cranky bringing in groceries....then I remembered it's November 10th!!!!

Windows and deck door opened at home and, yes, air conditioning on in the car today.......the bird activity in my backyard has been hectic and enjoyable.

Not complaining.....it'll be freezing soon enough.

Honored Contributor

I'm still planning on seeing a small extended family for Thanksgiving.  I plan on wearing nice (but comfortable) pants and a velvet blouse (yesterday's TSV) with a tank underneath it. I'll wear nice shoes rather than sneakers. 

If all goes well and we do Christmas I'll dress in a similar fashion then.

As for sequins, it's been a long time since I needed to get that dressed up this time of year...however I have a black tie wedding for the end of May if it's still on and things are getting better but who knows?  If so I have no idea what to wear to that!

Honored Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

I would like to think I can go to the Arizona wedding that was postponed from last May to this year, but I am not buying silk and sequins in anticipation.   Wasn’t interested pre-pandemic and definitely not now.  A column of color plus an appropriate jacket and jewelry.  

@millieshops     azdhs.gov    Covid dashboard.    Please keep an eye on this state website.   Infection rate is currently approx 10%.    It is NOT over yet.   We are getting warnings about Thanksgiving "gatherings" being a bad idea here.    di

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

@BlueFinch wrote:

Responsible folks will entertain fewer and take precautions. But, there will be many tempting fate, going full blast, adorned in their most sparkly bling.  

I can see it in my hood.  It was quiet as a church for most of the year, but now people are becoming more social.  Virus fatigue?  And, it isn't even Xmas, or NY yet.  

They've had some large parties in some of these homes lately.  In fact, our local police has even redirected some of these events, for having too many people congregating in one home, second to Covid.  

What do they do? They park somewhere else and someone shuttles them in, so numbers aren't so obvious. It's a crazy fact, that people WILL party on, even in the face of death.  

Sounds like a bunch of foolish people @BlueFinch .

Esteemed Contributor

@haddon9 wrote:

I'm still planning on seeing a small extended family for Thanksgiving.  I plan on wearing nice (but comfortable) pants and a velvet blouse (yesterday's TSV) with a tank underneath it. I'll wear nice shoes rather than sneakers. 

If all goes well and we do Christmas I'll dress in a similar fashion then.

As for sequins, it's been a long time since I needed to get that dressed up this time of year...however I have a black tie wedding for the end of May if it's still on and things are getting better but who knows?  If so I have no idea what to wear to that!

I purchased the Belle TSV yesterday in loden. I plan on gathering with my extended family for Christmas as well. We plan on keeping it small, but I just want to wear something different. Slacks,  nice long top and the Belle TSV on top. 

Honored Contributor

@tends2dogs wrote:

@AuntG wrote:

Last year, my Christmas Eve outfit was a Susan Graver TSV (tank & duster). New Year's Eve was just the two of us enjoying a steak dinner so I had on a top with two champagne glasses embroidered on it (ancient Quaker Factory, but cute). We'll be home for everything this year so it will be extremely casual! When I'm cooking the Thanksgiving meal, I'm in a big shirt and jeans.

When I first read your post I thought you said for New Year's Eve, just the two of you, you just wore a top and had champagne.  I thought, way to go, @AuntG !  Let the party begin!  LOL

I better clean off my glasses!

=== 

That is funny @tends2dogs . I did make it sound that way, but alas, I had on black pants too.

Esteemed Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

Hmmm. Sequinned jackets, silky blouses and velour or velvet outfits... Where is everyone going when we've been asked to stay distanced and closer to home?

Nothing wrong with dressing up.  Gotta mix up all those furry items and open front sweaters with something else.