Honored Contributor

Hmmm. Sequinned jackets, silky blouses and velour or velvet outfits... Where is everyone going when we've been asked to stay distanced and closer to home?

Esteemed Contributor

Guessing these items were ordered last winter pre-pandemic. Saving $$.

Honored Contributor

Loungewear when at home.

Ponte pants and a sweater if I have to go out, which is seldom. 

Honored Contributor

Wal-Mart?    Kroger?    I haven't been anywhere else in 8 months.........

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

I would like to think I can go to the Arizona wedding that was postponed from last May to this year, but I am not buying silk and sequins in anticipation.   Wasn’t interested pre-pandemic and definitely not now.  A column of color plus an appropriate jacket and jewelry.  

Honored Contributor

They order well in advance, a year but like 2 years.  No one saw Covid 19 coming but they still have stuff to sell.  I look at that Covid 19 map and I think it's as bad as it because people in most of the nation didn't stop socializing and haven't stop and won't stop.  They are going to be celebrating like always.  Even with the new 10pm curfew.  They need dress up clothes.  Up here in the Northeast, we are going "smaller" this year and with the extreme limitations on restaurants and social gatherings; celebrations with family and close friends are small but they are still happening.  The 6 people who will be at my Thanksgiving table (we usually have 12-14) will be just as dressed up as always.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Lots are going out and about as usual, no change in routines.

Honored Contributor

Re: I DID NOT GET INVITED

[ Edited ]

Just about everything is open here in NY state except for of course big gatherings. Restaurants are open. We have restaurant week going on now and are planning to go to lunch with four friends. All stores in the area seem to be open and people back to work. Rush hour is as busy as it always was. Masks are required going into any stores and there are no problems with that.

Not wearing any sequins but have a wedding in March. Will see what happens with that.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

Hmmm. Sequinned jackets, silky blouses and velour or velvet outfits... Where is everyone going when we've been asked to stay distanced and closer to home?

@Shanus 

I don’t wear much velvet, velour, silk, & sequins so I wouldn’t be buying these items even if I was going anywhere for the holidays (which I’m not). 

Respected Contributor

Responsible folks will entertain fewer and take precautions. But, there will be many tempting fate, going full blast, adorned in their most sparkly bling.  

I can see it in my hood.  It was quiet as a church for most of the year, but now people are becoming more social.  Virus fatigue?  And, it isn't even Xmas, or NY yet.  

They've had some large parties in some of these homes lately.  In fact, our local police has even redirected some of these events, for having too many people congregating in one home, second to Covid.  

What do they do? They park somewhere else and someone shuttles them in, so numbers aren't so obvious. It's a crazy fact, that people WILL party on, even in the face of death.