Honored Contributor

Re: I CAN'T BELIEVE I AM SAYING THIS

@Calcgirl, I'm in the same mode as you described. I'm not normally a "big" shopper anyway, but this entire year, I could probably count my fashion purchases, from any vendor, on fingers of one hand. It's ok though, I've been spending money on other "home" things. My closets and drawers are full anyway, lol. 

"To each their own, in all things".
Esteemed Contributor

I live in tees or sweatshirts and jeans or ponte knit pants. My variety of Skechers get me through the day. I have tried to maintain my distance from crowds and wear masks whenever I am out and about, As a 73 year old with a history of cancer and a lifetime of asthma, I have no desire to catch Covid. My husband, who also had cancer and now has Alzheimer's, follows my lead. We stay home with our elderly beagle and take each day as it comes.

Respected Contributor

I'm hoping with money saved (no new clothing, outings, restaurants) we can maybe escape winter, (driving only) for a little bit ...we've been researching Air BnB's...rather spend it there this year. "More stuff" doesn't have the same appeal...getting away, change of scenery, even just a little road trip does.

Unfortunately, we just had to cancel one...we found a sweet place up in VT, on a river, places to hike etc for next week, low to no Covid rates this year...weather there is going to be rainy and cold all week...sigh. Another 2020 disappointment. Believe me...before anyone jumps on me...I know it's not the worst thing to happen this year...I personally can attest to it. But we just wanted a "break" is all. Anyhoo....my point was...rather save money for that and not "stuff" or clothing I don't need or care about. But I get it for those looking to buy something new...I'm usually a fashion girl who likes to shop...just not the priority this year.

Honored Contributor

I'm with @amyb, I am finding a decline in fabric quality; although, have been seeing that for some time.  

From my experience, high quality clothing prices have skyrocketed over the past 15 years, often quadrupling what I paid then for similar styles and natural fabrics.  I get it, prices go up, but this is a bit much.  

So, I don't always click on "buy it."  Instead if I really want something, I scout other stores to see if I can find it on sale.  

Example:  Just to wear for fun, I like some classic styled shoes with a twist.  Last night QVC had Kenneth Cole $160 loafers for $69.90...good price and would have purchased if I hadn't found them new in box on ebay for $21...free shipping, returns accepted. 

It's more about prices I'm willing to pay than I can't find anything I like.  

Few retailers can compete with ebay, but this is the state of retailing today.  The lowest price wins.  

Frequent Contributor

I used to shop and buy from QVC almost everyday. Along came Covid and because I am  an at-risk person I've mainly being staying at home.  I went through my closets and emptied about 120 hangers and donated clothing.  I have 3 huge walk in closets. I'm going to go through them again to donate more. I still watch QVC everyday and if there was a piece of clothing I really liked I would probably buy it but I'm not really seeing anything that wows me.  Plus, I got tired of buying  a piece of clothing and getting it home to only have it not look good on me or the fabric being cheap. Costs $3.50 to ship it to me and $6.95 to ship it back.  It was $10.45 to try on a piece of clothing.  Ridiculous. In my opinion, QVC has gone way down in quality and way up in prices.

Respected Contributor

I spend plenty of money on household and craft items, but I have no interest in clothing or shoes.  I just don't need anything.  This year I've had time to get rid of clothing, and I still have plenty that I won't wear much.  I rather like my uniform of t-shirts and leggings.  I can add vests, jackets, and sweaters to it when needed. 

Honored Contributor

Enjoy your savings! That's awesome 

Esteemed Contributor

@4kitties  Look on Chico's website.  I just bought two turtleneck sweaters for 50% off and free shipping.  They have lots of pretty sweaters.   I haven't bought very much in clothing this year but agree with others some of the sale prices are too good to pass on!

Honored Contributor

@SharkE wrote:

It's the yr for the plus size folks. I've noticed lot more extended sizes available then ever before and  new brands that cater to the Plus are really 

lot more accessible.

Been a shift in America's thinking.

@SharkE   If the country does not realize soon that we cannot shut down this country forever and start doing this like we did once before, we are all going to eat ourselves into oblivion and have landfills full of non-redeemable trash.

Honored Contributor

@Nonametoday  Thank goodness this doesn't apply to us. We eat no more than usual. We are also living our lives pretty normal. I don't think anything but concerts are closed here. Movies open malls open restaurants open shops open bars open.