Trusted Contributor

Re: I Bought Something Kooky Crazy!

@lolakimono Dang it.....the length is too long for my height (I'm barely 5 feet).  The last time I had a velvet garment hemmed/shortened, it looked horrid.  I need to do some research around my area to see if anyone could shorten this for me.  I love the green and purple.

Trusted Contributor

@lolakimono wrote:

@Misplaced Parisian 

This one is $$$, but it's PINK!Heart

vintage 20s cape / 1920s velvet fur cape / pink velvet cape / image 7

vintage 20s cape / 1920s velvet fur cape / pink velvet cape / image 0

ArchetypeVintage

@lolakimono I'm drooling....LOVE the pink...went to this shop on Etsy and fell in love with lots of items.  Thanks to you, I have a new handbag coming my way.  Giggles.  You are wonderful.  Thank You

Super Contributor

So pretty! Congrats on your lovely puchase!

Honored Contributor

Congratulations on a wonderful find! It’s lovely. 

Honored Contributor

Love the colors....go Lola in your superwoman cape!

Honored Contributor

@lolakimono This is unbelievable, my Mom's cape is a Hourihan too! It's a long Donegal tweed, bluish grey with Donegal flecks in different colors.

The size tag says M, so it's not OS. I tried it on and it's long on me. So the length is probably why she didn't wear it much. She just had to have it from Ireland, that was my Mom. She bought it when we went to Ireland together in Sept 1990. 

The company is still in business, they have a web site and other Irish sites sell them too.

I just ordered this one from EBay in memory of my Mom and I am going to wear it as much as I can. Thank you @lolakimono for this amazing coincidence ❤  This shorter one is just more wearable for me, I would love to wear my Mom's a few times too.

It was $60 with free shipping 

$_10.jpeg

"You call him The Edge, I just call him The"
Honored Contributor

For anyone interested someone is selling this one like Lola's on Poshmark. $70 , $6.79 shipping. Just search Hourihan vintage Irish long wool cape.

m_5c9b78a2d6dc52cb69583978.jpg

"You call him The Edge, I just call him The"
Honored Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21 wrote:

@lolakimono This is unbelievable, my Mom's cape is a Hourihan too! It's a long Donegal tweed, bluish grey with Donegal flecks in different colors.

The size tag says M, so it's not OS. I tried it on and it's long on me. So the length is probably why she didn't wear it much. She just had to have it from Ireland, that was my Mom. She bought it when we went to Ireland together in Sept 1990. 

The company is still in business, they have a web site and other Irish sites sell them too.

I just ordered this one from EBay in memory of my Mom and I am going to wear it as much as I can. Thank you @lolakimono for this amazing coincidence ❤  This shorter one is just more wearable for me, I would love to wear my Mom's a few times too.

It was $60 with free shipping 

$_10.jpeg

@Greeneyedlady21 

That is super cute and a great value!Heart

If you mom's is the same brand, then you already know about the weight and the quality.

From what I'm seeing online, it would be difficult in today's market to find a 100% wool coat (outerwear) for under 1K that is the same weight as the cape.  

Esteemed Contributor

Just too kooky for me.  But thanks for the pix.

When I was about 10, my mom made me a blue and black striped bulky belted coat similar to that.  I absolutely hated it and refused to wear it.  The top photos bring back bad memories.  Ha!

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Trusted Contributor

@lolakimono, Only was able to locate red plaid DUBLIN . wENT THROUG ALL CAPES. cAN VENDORS NAME BE ENTERED IN SE. BA? aPPRECIATE YOU LOLA. NOW HAVING COMPUTER PROBLEMS> CAP KEY LOCKING> NOT OFF TO A GOOD START THIS MORNING!!!!! prov