Honored Contributor

Re: I Bought Something Kooky Crazy!

@lolakimono wrote:

@sligo wrote:

@lolakimono,  LOVE. Would like blue. It is probably gone. Not sure correct words on the Bay HELP PLEASE. Prov

@sligo 

The seller from the blue one (not the same seller as mine) is theblissfulbeagle.

It is VERY thick and heavy, so maybe too heavy for your current location.

Or you can search

"Vintage Hourihan Full Length Cape Ireland Wool Blue Tweed Lined Button Mockneck"

There is another purple one from "spotx."

And a red one-

"rachelandlizzysthings"

There is an aqua/green one too-

"threetabbycats"

highlight hourihan full length cape with your mouse,

right click you should get "search with google" and click 

Esteemed Contributor

@lolakimono wrote:

@magicmoodz wrote:

@lolakimono  Not kooky crazy at all. I find the way you put together a wardrobe very interesting and attractive (and maybe you are a bit of a risk taker?).

The first two pictures look as if the cape might have lots of texture like mohair, but the following pictures look more like a flat wool. Which do you think is more accurate?

@magicmoodz 

Just for you, I took two up close photos.Cat Wink

I'll let you decide.

@lolakimono 

Thank you! It's right in between a fuzzy mohair and a flat wool. It's beautiful! And with all your pink dressier clothing it's perfect. I hope you show us how you style it when you wear it. 

girl6.gif

Honored Contributor

@lolakimono 

LOVE your cape!  It's FABU!!!

I am kicking myself for ever getting rid of a plaid wool cape I owned back in the 70's/80's.  I am crying over giving that away and my chubby faux fur jacket.

WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

i hope you enjoy your beautiful new cape!!!

Honored Contributor

Beautiful!  You go to quite a few religious celebrations as well as other events.  I think you'll enjoy it!

Wear it in good health!!!Smiley Happy

Trusted Contributor

Joan Rivers did one years back very similar and in plaid. I still have it. It’s not real heavy though. Perfect for Fall and Winters in my area. Some of you may remember it. If you google A215878 Joan Rivers Cape photos come up of it.

Honored Contributor

Not kooky, crazy but beautiful. I think you will get a lot of wear from these!  

Honored Contributor

@Lucylu12 wrote:

Joan Rivers did one years back very similar and in plaid. I still have it. It’s not real heavy though. Perfect for Fall and Winters in my area. Some of you may remember it. If you google A215878 Joan Rivers Cape photos come up of it.

i had purchased that one for my daughter @Lucylu12 !

she is still using it......

i love capes and ponchos and ruanas......they are perfect for me for three seasons.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Trusted Contributor

@Greeneyedlady21,

your mom's cape is beautiful.  Would you bring it to a seamstress to have it fit you?  My sister did that with one of my mom's coats after she passed.  She still wears it 10 years later.

@lolakimono,

Love your cape!  Is that brooch your own, or did it come with the cape.  Enjoy wearing it!

Honored Contributor

@roeroe1005 wrote:

@lolakimono,

Love your cape!  Is that brooch your own, or did it come with the cape.  Enjoy wearing it!

@roeroe1005 

Neither.

I bought the one right below it (sans brooch) because it was way lower than the one on Etsy.  I do have a Joan Rivers one I could wear with it, but I probably won't.Joan Rivers Royal Estate Style Brooch

Honored Contributor

@magicmoodz wrote:

@lolakimono 

Thank you! It's right in between a fuzzy mohair and a flat wool. It's beautiful! And with all your pink dressier clothing it's perfect. I hope you show us how you style it when you wear it. 

girl6.gif

@magicmoodz 

Maybe I will.  I took it yesterday to the cleaners to a dry clean and to have the seamstress take in the shoulders a bit, so it's not so voluminous.  I left the length alone, because it's getting harder to find long coats, and I know that you can appreciate the warmth when the temps are low.  She is very good, but also very slow, so I doubt that I will see it again before October, which is fine as we are in the 90s this week.