Honored Contributor

@songbird wrote:

They were pretty bad, but I really dislike any leggings.  Don't own any.  Including the tunics that go with them. If you like then, heck... wear them. They're very unattractive on the heavy models...but then most of the comments were negatvie.  And if anything, I don't know what is going on with Ms. McGrady.  When she was modeling for the swimsuit edition, she had great curves.  Not now....

You know what's really unattractive?  Body shaming comments. @songbird 

It's not the 1st time that you've posted fat shaming comments. Looks like you believe you are superior. No shame for your previous offensive insensitive comments

Oh, and just to widen the circle of offense -  adding in anyone that wears leggings. 

Heck, I guess if they let you do it, wear it/fat shaming view well! 

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

Used to watch and my size was their size.  I was small and thin and felt good in just about everything.  As I got older and bigger (unfortunately) the styles and sizes were for the past me.  Wow, would I possibly look like that!  There was criticism over the years that THEY WERE JUST USING SMALL MODELS WITH PERFECT BODIES and that was not fair.  They were selling THE DREAM.  Perfection, the way people should look.  

I guess THEY gave up and listened and now the styles seem more real.. especially in the case of Hunter's fashions.  And you know what... watching her I started a new diet. Maybe  just maybe I can achieve it this time around.  

In a way I was offended by her fashion.  Is that me????  YepME and I didn't l ike what I had become;.  Overweight and not something to be proud of. Going to stay away from FUMPY.  

Esteemed Contributor

I added a message that seems to have disappeared.  My comment:  The Q used to get criticized for showing small models in small sizes. I can see why frankly they did that.  Selling a dream.  I was one of those who felt THEY should have all sizes represented. FINALLY THEY DID.  Oh my what was I thinking!!!  

I am going to start my diet and exercise today.  Frumpy beyond words... If that is what I look like I WANT OUT.  I cannot imagine spending THAT MUCH to look like that.  No offense Hunter McGrady I am sure secretly you might even agree.  

I will let you all know how I do and in the meantime I am hanging up a screen shot from the presentation to remind me of my goal.  

Honored Contributor

Welll?????!!!!! Have to say----was not really impressed with her stuff at all-----I didn't think it made anyone look that great-------

Honored Contributor

@bonnielu wrote:

I added a message that seems to have disappeared.  My comment:  The Q used to get criticized for showing small models in small sizes. I can see why frankly they did that.  Selling a dream.  I was one of those who felt THEY should have all sizes represented. FINALLY THEY DID.  Oh my what was I thinking!!!  

I am going to start my diet and exercise today.  Frumpy beyond words... If that is what I look like I WANT OUT.  I cannot imagine spending THAT MUCH to look like that.  No offense Hunter McGrady I am sure secretly you might even agree.  

I will let you all know how I do and in the meantime I am hanging up a screen shot from the presentation to remind me of my goal.  

How terrible that some cruel anonymous posters would have this impact on you.

if the 'shame' diet worked it would be known to us but it doesn't. This will lead you to more dispair and self loathing. And maybe worse. 

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri
Honored Contributor

@wagirl wrote:

Welll?????!!!!! Have to say----was not really impressed with her stuff at all-----I didn't think it made anyone look that great-------

I don't "look great" to start with. Never did. I've weighed a lot more, a lot less, and I'm still stuck with the plain, asymmetrical features, thinning hair, and until recently, crossed eyes. 

Since I'd never make a buck on my looks, I've done what I could shaping my "brand" on anonymous kindness and quick wit.

I wear tights, avoid the "painted on" look and if I'd ever found out how heavy the fabric was and how the length worked, I would have bought a pair in the dark blue, covered everything unsightly with a tunic, and felt fine doing so.

No problem for me if I was an exception.