Trusted Contributor

Re: Hunter Green -- can a ""winter"" wear it?

Thanks so much!

Trusted Contributor

Hunter is actually a yellow-based green. (And according to Louis.) Spruce is blue-based. It is not as warm as, say, Tarragon, Loden, Olive and the like. Those are also muted colors which generally are not good for Winters

As a Winter, I can wear it as it is very deep. It also plays well with burgundies, fuchsias, and other "flower colors". It is not as good as a deep blue-based green such as Spruce, but it is pretty good. And a color I love! Malachite is also good on me. Don't know how much of that is left, though.

My skin is light-medium, dark brown eyes, silver hair.

Regular Contributor

Ladies, thank you so much! I received my first hunter green item (recent OTO WK cardigan) and it is great! I didn't realize the color was so dark -- when I first opened the package, I thought it was black! As a "deep" winter, I can wear the dark (shade) colours. The only down side to this ... I must get the hunter green pants, skirt, and other tops{#emotions_dlg.blush}

Sheesh, I bet you look stunning in the hunter green whisper knit outfit with red leather blazer -- very stylish!! I confess that I purchased almost every whisper knit and ponte knit item in Navy (THE core colour of my wardrobe) -- and lots of black items too! I really like the new brick red and I hope Louis does more items in brick red (more like ripe pomegranate seeds). As a deep winter, I can wear both silver and yellow gold so I don't plan to change the buttons (rose gold can look muddy on me). I'm shocked by how many Linea pieces I've added to my wardrobe in such a short time (since June 2014) but the pieces are classics and very easy to wear and incorporate into my wardrobe. It's a good idea to wear olive with black but I've spent my life avoiding muted colours since they look awful on me (gorgeous on some of my friends but I look like a corpse).

FavoriteSon and PilatesLover, glad the website was fun -- even though I had my colours done ages ago (still have my Carole Jackson fabric samples somewhere in storage), I still found the site helpful.

Barbara, thanks for the information -- will spruce be part of Linea's winter collection or was it from a previous year? Great idea to combine hunter green with burgundy and fuchsia!

Respected Contributor

I look best in the colors you mention. HG is my best color but I can wear ANY shade of green. I had my colors done three times years ago. I didn't learn anything; I already knew what colors I could and couldn't wear. Louis HG is very dark and rich. I suspect you could wear it.

I am very fair with pink undertones and have green eyes. I'm Jewish but was told by a derm I have Irish skin.

Honored Contributor

Hunter green looks great with pink also. Try it with some of the perfectly pink items.

☼The best place to seek God is in a garden. You can dig for him there. GBShaw☼
Frequent Contributor

On 10/10/2014 JustJazzmom said:

Hunter green looks great with pink also. Try it with some of the perfectly pink items.

That sounds like a great color combination. What do you suggest?

Honored Contributor

On 10/11/2014 SpoiledRottenGreatDane said:

Perfectly pink is a pale pink and not a really pink or rosy pink color. Its a nice shade of pink on many women. There are usually turtlenecks, V necks in short and long sleeve. You may have to search by color and of course go by garment measurements for your correct size.

The pictures are perfectly pink color.

Linea by Louis DellOlio Set of 2 Whisper Knit Tank & T-Shirt - A255153Linea by Louis DellOlio Short Sleeve Knit Dress with Pockets

This is pale pink with a high cotton content. Brand new.

Linea by Louis DellOlio Wing Collar Blouse

Frequent Contributor

On 10/11/2014 JustJazzmom said:
On 10/11/2014 SpoiledRottenGreatDane said:

Perfectly pink is a pale pink and not a really pink or rosy pink color. Its a nice shade of pink on many women. There are usually turtlenecks, V necks in short and long sleeve. You may have to search by color and of course go by garment measurements for your correct size.

The pictures are perfectly pink color.

Linea by Louis DellOlio Set of 2 Whisper Knit Tank & T-Shirt - A255153Linea by Louis DellOlio Short Sleeve Knit Dress with Pockets

This is pale pink with a high cotton content. Brand new.

Linea by Louis DellOlio Wing Collar Blouse

Very nice! I think those pieces would look nice on me and pink is my favorite color. I really like the dress. Thanks for posting the pics.

Honored Contributor

You're welcome-- if you like darker pinks, there are items in raspberry and fuchsia colors too. 1st photo is fuchsia pink-- its a peasant type neckline--- one of my favorites to wear in the winter-- but its too red IMO for the hunter green. It does well with charcoal gray or heather gray bottoms. Smaller photo is of the raspberry funnel neck WK sweater and this looks fab with black or gray bottoms.

Linea by Louis DellOlio Whisper Knit Long Sleeve Scoopneck TopLinea by Louis DellOlio Whisper Knit Funnel Neck Sweater - A259109

Respected Contributor

Dark green falls into the deep winter colors