Frequent Contributor

Re: Huggable Hangars-Yea or Nay?

I replaced every hanger in my home with the ones from BB &B. I bought them in increments using my 20% off coupons.

They're great. No color transfer and only a couple have broken over the course of several years. It's amazing how much room they free up in the closet.

Esteemed Contributor

On 9/11/2014 kittymomNC said:

I've got several sets with hangers and organizers just waiting for me to get time to redo all my closets. I've been using a lot of the hangers in the meantime, and one of the things I like best is that NOTHING falls off of these hangers. I know some people don't like that it takes a little longer to put something on one, but I don't mind that as long as I know it's going to stay there!

The only problem I've had is the difference in color when pieces are supposed to match - that's what Joy raves about all the time - everything matches. However, it doesn't. The Rich Camel that I've gotten three sets of--everything is different colors of "camel" -- the hangers are one color, the hanging organizers are another color, the clips are different, and the hooks are different. No two of those things match each other in the color - in fact, the color of the hanging organizers is an almost sickening shade of camel/ yellow, but I can live with it.

And the hooks to hang the over-the-door organizers on the closet door won't allow the door to shut. There are many reviews about that problem. I had to spend extra money just to get hooks so I can use them. I just won't be ordering any more "sets". I also don't like the fact that if you've started doing your closets in one color and need more of anything, hangers, hooks or clips, there is no guarantee you will be able to get that color again - she keeps changing and eliminating colors all the time.

So, I really like the hangers...the things that come with them, not so much.

I agree that the extra things aren't worth getting excited about. They're either flimsy or impractical. I bought a few sets that included hooks, clips, "boxes" (super-flimsy!), and other things, and after that I just continued to buy the hangers without any extras.

And yes, there are differences in color. I've heard that from a few people. I was tempted to buy pretty colors early on, but I'm happy I stuck with black. I've added similar hangers (from BB&B) to my HH, and they look pretty much the same. (The hooks on the BB&B version swivel too, and they're also colorfast. I hang soaking wet things on my black hangers all the time.)

If I felt I needed more, I would likely go back to BB&B. I've had more breakage with HH, and BB&B's are much less expensive. I'm still a fan of HH, just not as enthusiastic as I was years ago when nothing similar was available.

Kiss

Trusted Contributor

Yes, definitely. I bought mine at Bed, Bath & Beyond with a coupon. I don't know if they are the Huggable brand, but they are basically the same thing and I love them! Definitely worth purchasing.

Regular Contributor

The best. Tried a few Walmart hangers and 2 broke as I tried to use them the first time. HH best money I've spent on a shopping channel.

Valued Contributor

I like her hangers a lot. They're sturdy, clothes don't slip off of them, and I can fit a lot in my closet. I bought cheaper hangers that look like Joy's, but they're flimsy and break a lot easier.
Trusted Contributor

They are worth the price. I've never had one break. They give you so much more room and help the clothes stay more in shape. Try them.

Respected Contributor

I think she cheapened her manufacturing (since she first started) or has no quality control now. I got some from her recently and 1/2 of them broke within a week- Very annoying.

Trusted Contributor

I have better luck with generic huggable hangers from Marshalls. Sturdier & cheap.
Super Contributor

There is a one-year guarantee from date of purchase from HSN for Huggable Hangers. Let us know what color you chose! I discovered that once you re-do one closet, they all have to be done. Found a great bargain @ HSN of $20 off for "new customers."

Respected Contributor

I bought mine from bed, bath and beyond too many years ago. I have had no problem with them. The ones that broke were due to me twisting the top which shouldn't be twisted and only had one other break on its own. I would definitely get them, whichever, you decide. I love that my blouses, sweaters don't fall off. Worth it.